There is a distinct lack of good customer service today, the sales reps who continue chatting to each other about shoes while I am waiting to be served or the taxi driver who sits watching me as I struggle to get 3 bags and a toddler into his cab. I have come to expect bad service as the norm. So on those rare occasions when I get good service, the surprise and resulting pleasure are compounded exponentially.
It was just such an occasion on the day that I received the HANA Titanium Flat iron from Misikko.com. It arrived in a nondescript white box via courier, but on first opening, I was distinctly aware that this would not be business as usual with the burst of purple and white roses and bows and underneath the shiny black metal box holding the all important flat iron.
I am easily seduced and after the first hour was up and I’d had my fill of caressing my new device and other product samples it arrived with, it was time to get down to business, I made a phone call. Not one to turn down the offer of a free wash-day hair do, my sister Tasha eagerly agreed to be the first to experience the HANA makeover.
- World’s smoothest Titanium plates
- Tourmaline infused into the heating elements for maximum thermal protection
- Large Integrated Tourmaline Ceramic Heaters with Full Plate Coverage for the Most Consistent, Conditioning Far Infrared Heat Possible
- PTFC core heater heats up in as fast as 6 seconds
- Mirror surface prevents scratches unlike other black coated titanium plates
- 1.5″ plates make it easier and faster to straighten & style longer, thicker and unruly hair types
- Adjustable Temperature Dial – 5 Settings from 140-450 F for All Hair Types
- Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Beveled Edges mean Easy Curled, Flipped, Spiked or Straight Styles
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Sleek luxury matte finish
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
- Two Year Warranty
On first impressions, the HANA Titanium is sleek with it’s 1.5″ plates polished to a blinding shine and it is light and easy to handle. I also love the fact that it has tourmaline ceramic heaters, I’ve written about tourmaline before as an ideal feature in a flat iron.
Styling day arrived quickly enough. Tasha has very thick ultra curly 4a/4b natural hair so we wanted to wash her hair with the least manipulation possible. We decided to shampoo and condition her hair in braids as per this method. After applying a touch of silicone sealing serum on her wet hair, we blowdried each braided section on high to get the hair as stretched out as possible. You will notice from the pictures below that Tasha’s hair type gets a great deal of shrinkage so a good blow dry was absolutely necessary.
I set the temperature at 370 and true to form, the HANA Titanium heats up quite quickly. In fact, by the time I had parted a small section of hair to be flat ironed and clipped back the rest of the hair, the HANA was ready to go. The plates are very smooth and there was no snagging whatsoever, something that Tasha mentioned without prompting! From start to finish,we were done styling in about three quarters of an hour. The flat iron made easy work of straightening Tasha’s thick tresses to a voluminous mass of sleek waves and curls, she loved it. Gorgeous!
The HANA Titanium is hand’s down one brilliant piece of technology. The wide plates make them ideal for long thick hair and if they could tame Tasha’s 4a/4b tresses with little effort at a safe temperature, they are almost guaranteed to be able to deal with any head of hair in much less time. For relaxed hair, I would recommend a lower temperature. The curved edges meant that with a flick of my wrist I was creating curls like a pro, just what a girl needs! The hair remained shiny and did not begin to frizz up even after we went out into the gusty humid evening, a sign that the cuticles were laying flat.
The only feature that I would have liked to see in the HANA is a beep sound to let me know that it is hot enough and ready for use. If you’ve ever used a GHD styler, you will know how handy that feature is.
With a two year warranty, it’s a great investment in your hair. The HANA Titanium doesn’t just get the job done, it gets the job done right. I can say that all other flat irons have been relegated to the back of the closet and the HANA sits proudly on my dressing table!
More pictures of Tasha’s and my own hair straightened with the HANA on my blog!
Originally posted 2011-05-03 03:31:14.