I don’t know about you, but I love making my own products. You pretty much know what is going into your hair when you make your own stuff and you get to customize your products to your hair’s liking.
I have heard of making soap bars, but I have never heard of making your own shampoo bars until now. I have always wondered if one could even effectively make your own shampoo so even stumbling upon a bar version of shampoo is kind of exciting.
While browsing YouTube, I came across a DIY Peppermint Pomegranate Shampoo Bar* that seemed pretty easy to make, so if you like peppermint or pomegranate here are the ingredients and tools you will need:
Oil mixture (part olive oil, part almond oil, and part castor oil*).
Peppermint essential oil.
Pomegranate Shea Butter.
Honey Glycerin Soap.
Now lets get to the fun part, how it’s done:
2. Add 2 drops of the red coloring. Mix well.
3. Chop up 2 cups of honey glycerin soap agent. Melt it down for about 20 seconds each. Mix them together really well.
4. Add your pomegranate Shea butter* mixture you made.
5. Add the oil mixture to the bowl. Mix well.
6. Pour your mix into the soap molds. Let them sit in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
7. When they’re done, pop them out of the molds.
Here is a YouTube tutorial you can follow if you are interested in making your own shampoo bar*:
This YouTuber said the shampoo bar is so divine that she had to make it one of her staple products. What about you? Would you be willing to try your hand at making your own shampoo bar? Let us know in the comment box below!
Originally posted 2014-10-26 20:00:14.