-->

About Petra

Hi I'm Petra Lomax , a staff writer and editor for BlackHairInformation.com . I am Jamaican born and raised and moved to the United States in my early 20's. I have a BA in Political Science and International relations as well as an MBA and a Masters In Project Management. I love travel, culture and anything that has to do with creative media and business.

ENJOYED THIS POST? JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER!

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Charlene JeffersCharlene Jeffers says

I agree. Women throw that term around like crazy. Also split ends is another one. You watch some hair gurus on YouTube and those terms are always in the comment section without fail.

2. Steen How says

Ha! Lol Worried tho? But hey! We should be building each other up. Once our sister with the damaged hair asks for advice, that when we can help by ONLY her hair goals. No shoving “what we think we know” down each other’s throats! Great article!!

3. RikoyatG says

“the truth is there is nothing to condone or disapprove of when it isn’t my hair that’s on trial.” Preach! Great perspective and great article.

4. Tabatha says

I have bad split ends myself that I’m cutting this weekend, but lately I just see people doggin people just to dog them and it just has to stop. Sometimes we are so in the game of competing that we just need to chill and drinking what’s around us learn to appreciate the other girl across the street for what she’s rock in even if it’s not our preference. Point well made author and I support it. Damage happens you either fix it or you live with it.

5. Sheshe says

It is wonderful that we all have the right to wear our hair however we see fit and nobody should be th subject of bullying. Yet, when someone post a picture of themself and then ASKS others for THEIR OPINION, then that’s what they should be mature enough to ACCEPT it as such. That’s life.

6. Bettina says

I think people should stop calling it damage… its not damage unless the person’s hair is falling out. Its heat training.. or straightening… My hair was pressed until I was 21 years old. I had hair down my back. My hair didn’t have breakage or growth issues until I had it relaxed… So for a blow out and press to be considered damage and relaxing not to be is confusing to me.