You know sometimes a girl just wants a fro and nothing else will suffice! A basic flat twist out is an awesome style if you want defined hair without the pizzazz but you can always take that style and transform it from basic to voluminous using nothing by some oil and those ten digits of yours.
NaturalMetra on YouTube shows us just how this transformation happens in just less than 3 minutes but in order to get there you will need to know the basics of the flat twist.
A flat twist is basically twisting your hair against your scalp so that the twist lay flat like it would if you had corn rows. Women love them because they are easier to achieve than a cornrow and if you lack braiding or twisting skills it is one of the basic ones you can start with especially if you are just learning.
Flat Twist 101
1. Part your hair neatly starting from the hairline and carve out a section of hair going down towards the nape of your head
2. Once you have the section pin either side of the hair you are not using down so that you can begin twisting without tangles.
3. Starting at the hairline again grab a small section from the section you carved out split it in two as if you are doing a two strand twist
4. Twist the section once and then again grabbing hair from the loose hair moving down the parted section keeping the momentum until you get to your nape.
5. Keep twisting until you are at the end of your hair
6. Carve out another section of hair and repeat the same steps to create a flat twist alongside the one you just did. Once you are finished you will have what looks like cornrows but in the form of twists
Once you get the hang of flat twists you can do them in any direction your desire, depending on how you want your hair to fall if you are doing a flat twist out. Just get creative and watch a lot of videos for different ideas!
Check out the video by NaturalMetra below and see how she achieves her magnificent fro!
Originally posted 2014-02-15 15:00:56.