You know sometimes a girl just wants a fro and nothing else will suffice! A basic flat twist out is an awesome style if you want defined hair without the pizzazz but you can always take that style and transform it from basic to voluminous using nothing by some oil and those ten digits of yours.
NaturalMetra on YouTube shows us just how this transformation happens in just less than 3 minutes but in order to get there you will need to know the basics of the flat twist.
A flat twist is basically twisting your hair against your scalp so that the twist lay flat like it would if you had corn rows. Women love them because they are easier to achieve than a cornrow and if you lack braiding or twisting skills it is one of the basic ones you can start with especially if you are just learning.
Flat Twist 101
1. Part your hair neatly starting from the hairline and carve out a section of hair going down towards the nape of your head
2. Once you have the section pin either side of the hair you are not using down so that you can begin twisting without tangles.
3. Starting at the hairline again grab a small section from the section you carved out split it in two as if you are doing a two strand twist
4. Twist the section once and then again grabbing hair from the loose hair moving down the parted section keeping the momentum until you get to your nape.
5. Keep twisting until you are at the end of your hair
6. Carve out another section of hair and repeat the same steps to create a flat twist alongside the one you just did. Once you are finished you will have what looks like cornrows but in the form of twists
Once you get the hang of flat twists you can do them in any direction your desire, depending on how you want your hair to fall if you are doing a flat twist out. Just get creative and watch a lot of videos for different ideas!
Check out the video by NaturalMetra below and see how she achieves her magnificent fro!
Shahida Brooklyn says
I am doing a twist out today. I am using the flexy curlers.
Angela Hughes says
Summer Bazemore says
Carrie Laura-Lee Howe says
I like the picture on the left best! Both are pretty tho! Can’t wait to my big chop! Maybe this weekend…
Wallette Shealey says
My girl! She does a great job!
Sarah Malate Wright says
Please if I were to buy this for sale how much
Patsy Asomugha says
I liked the before better then the bedhead at right…
April Rollins says
Very beautiful. However what do you do at night? Is that a one day hair style?
Frankye Campbell says
Lawanda MsSarcasm Dumas says
Hell I can wake with hair like this..-_-
Sumetra Grimes Reed says
Consuela Uno says
I just discovered how to get volume out of mine last night! 😀
Crystal Fair says
I need help from my fellow naturals..PLEASE HELP ME
Yolanda Williams says
OMG, me too! I have tried the bantu knot twist out twice and it came out HORRIBLE!!
Panama M America says
Always looks great on others.
Tiger Lilly says
She didn’t need it… Just made her hair look frizzy
Hair Spy says