Another thing to consider is to be light handed with your use of moisturizers and sealers while your hair is straight. When hair is straight it tends to hold on to moisture better than when it is curly so opt moisturize and seal every second day instead of daily.
6. Keep your hands out – Try not to manipulate your hair too much with your hands. Frequent handling can sometimes create frizz and friction in the hair and increase the likelyhood of breakage. Although it will be difficult try to enjoy looking at how fabulous you look rather than touching it all the time.
7. Experiment with straight hairstyles– There are some hairstyles that just look better when your hair is straight right? Well now is the best time to try them out. Whether you want a side fishtail braid, a waterfall braid or an intricately designed cascading ponytail, now is the time to try them! Check out YouTube for some inspiration on what you can do with your hair now that it’s straight.
8. Change the style slightly after a few days – After the first few days you can get rather bored so in order to reduce boredom and keep the stretched look for longer, go from straight to semi curly or wavy:
– To create waves – Braid the hair using small sections for tight waves or in bigger sections for bigger waves. In the morning, release your braids for gorgeous waves all day.
-To create curls – Try a dry roller set, curlformers or a curling wand (after applying a bit of heat protectant* of course). Make the curls as big or as small as you would like to give you something different each time.
– Bantu knots- Bantu knots are a great heatless option for curling the hair. The bigger the knots the wavier the look, small knots create cute spiral curls that can last quite awhile
Originally posted 2013-01-30 15:00:46.