► Stretches new growth
► Easy to maintain with the pineapple method
► Less tangling at the roots
► Twists can be time intensive if your hair is shorter and you have to do more twists
► Hard to detangle
Curlformers have been touted by many as a great tool for all hair textures, whether pin straight, relaxed, natural or transitioning.
Once you have worn the style to death, a curlformers set can be used as the base to other stretched hairstyles. You can moisturize and gently comb the curls through to wear a blow out look or even just braid or twist your hair in sections for an ultra stretched braid/ twist out.
No doubt, curlformers are an excellent addition to any natural’s hair tool arsenal. For maximum curl, apply to freshly washed wet hair and detangle each section thoroughly before applying the curlformer.
1. Apply light curl cream or setting lotion.
2. Starting at the nape, section off 1 inch of hair.
3. Use provided hook to pull hair through roller.
4. Repeat until all hair is set.
5. Dry hair completely.
6. Remove rollers by squeezing the top of the Curlformer to release the curls.
7. Spray oil or oil sheen to give your hair shine without disturbing the curls.
8. Style as desired.
► Great way to stretch the roots
► Can be used with or without heat
► Provides uniform curls
► Difficult to to sleep in (but aren’t all rollers?)
► Hair may snag on the hook during install
► Curls don’t last as long
► More expensive than traditional rollers
Originally posted 2013-09-18 15:00:49.