I remained natural for 3 years and wore protective styles the majority of that time so 3 and a half years after my bc I got my first relaxer and became texlaxed.
My hair grew from ear length too BSL in those 3 and a half years. I don’t have a long torso so BSL, MBL and WL is not too far away from each other. I’m currently waist length (WL) working hard to reach hip length (HL). Black hair can and will grow and it doesn’t matter if you’re relaxed, texlaxed or natural. If you set a goal and work hard to achieve that goal then you will be successful.
What is your regimen at the moment?
• Stretch relaxers for at least 24 weeks (The longest I have been was a year).
• Add oils* to my relaxer so that I will not end up with bone straight hair.
• Moisturize and seal daily.
• Shampoo with a sulfate free clarifying shampoo* once a month.
• Make sure that I do a protein treatment once a month.
• Co-wash once a week with a cleansing conditioner and a moisturizing conditioner*.
• I do a DC often (If I have already had my protein for the month I will use a DC without protein or take conditioner and add my favorite oils*).
• Use a satin or silk scarf* when going to bed.
• I do protective styles often.
• I hardly ever use direct heat.
• I use my fingers for everything! (styling, parting, detangling etc).
• Always air dry.
And your favourite products?
What are your signature styles?
• Crochet braids
• Heat-less pin curls
What is the best tip you have learned to protect your ends?
• Use satin/silk scarfs
• Moisturize and seal
• Protective styles
• Direct heat stretches (IF I use direct heat I use it only about 2-3 times in a year)