When you are caring for your hair it isn’t uncommon to ask yourself, ‘Am I doing all the right things to achieve my goals?’
If your goal in your hair journey is to have healthy long hair, relaxed or natural here are a five signs that will let you know if you are on the right track and you are probably doing all the right things.
1. You have your routine down to a science – A regimen is one of the most important tools when it comes to hair care. Knowing what you are doing and when you are going to do it, takes time and practice.
The number one thing to realize is that no one regimen is the same and your regimen is custom made for you. But once you know what works all you have to do is relax and repeat, there is no need to change something that works for you no matter what that is!
2. You are no longer a product junkie – Unless being a product junkie is part of the scheme of things, once you have the right products that work, there is no need to shop around looking for what’s new out there!
The right product mix doesn’t just mean the brands; it also refers to ingredients and the nature of the product as well. For example, if you are an au-natural kind of girl then your products would generally be just that, au-natural, no additives, parabens, weird things or ingredients you cannot pronounce.
If you are not that concerned about natural ingredients and you just have a product that might not be traditionally natural but it works then stick with that! Just be sure that the products that you do use are of good quality and from reputable companies.
Pay attention to when companies change the formula’s on products especially if you notice that you’re once Holy Grail product is no longer working for you.
3. Good hair days outweigh bad ones – Your hair is growing, it’s shiny, and you are getting what you want out of it. Pay attention to your tresses, if you are in tune with how your hair reacts and can easily determine what is a good hair day versus a bad one then you will know that whatever it is you are doing is actually working and there is no need to change it.
Everyone has bad hair days but when the good outweigh the bad, pat yourself on the back you are definitely doing something right.
4. Less damage – This is an obvious observation, and should be the end result of any healthy hair goal. Less split ends, less shedding, less single strand knots, less thinning and of course less breakage are all great signs that you are doing something right and you shouldn’t change a thing.
Unless there are other things going on that might affect the health of your hair, generally you should always see positive results.
5. Your hair is noticeably stronger – Everyone likes to experiment with their hair while taking care of it. That may mean adding highlights in the summer or going darker for the winter. It might also mean using a little heat to straighten if your hair isn’t already straight.
These processes are a bit more stressful on the hair than normal but if your hair is strong it can take it. If your hair doesn’t go berserk when you add a little color or a little heat to it then you are obviously doing something right.
This doesn’t mean that you do not take all the necessary precautions when doing something that might be considered damaging to the hair we still need to be sensible!
Is your regimen rock solid to the point where growth and health is inevitable?