We still get questions about the Aphogee two step protein treatment to this day. Personally I get questions about how to use the product from my own family members not because we all cannot read the instructions but because the process can be a little bit intimidating.
We have attached a video below where you can watch as Melissa Denise demonstrates how she uses Aphogee to restore her damaged curls.
Before we get into the video I wanted to explain a few things.
1. Protein is an absolute must in every hair regimen, but this treatment should be used sparingly – By sparingly I mean either as needed or every 4-6 months if you have very fine hair, color treated hair or chemically treated hair.
2. Aphogee* has a ton of products but look for the two step treatment pack – You will typically see two products packaged together one is very ‘liquidy’, (the protein) the other is a thick conditioner.
3. The smell is daunting, but apply the protein quickly – Get the protein in your hair quickly so that you do not have some sections drying while others are still in the application stages.
4. Do not cover your hair while it is drying – You do not need a plastic baggy or bag for your hair during the protein stage because the whole point is to get your hair hard as it dries.
5. Deep condition – You can use the conditioner that Aphogee provides first to help wash out the protein and give your hair immediate moisture, but in addition to that, feel free to deep condition as well. Use the Aphogee* product or use one of your own. This softens your curls and helps with creating balance during the process.
Check out the video that gives a great demonstration:
If you think you need this treatment because you are experiencing hair loss or your hair is clearly damaged we definitely suggest you give Aphogee a try.
Leave a Reply