1. what salon if any you work at…
I’m Kimberly. I own a mobile salon, Brown Sugah Glam Squad. We offer services hair/makeup for special occasions.
2. How long have you worked as a licensed cosmetologist (or equivalent in your country) and where did you study?
I’ve been in the industry since November 2000 and I went to Cannella beauty school.
3. What is your specialty, relaxed, natural hair, locs or anything special?
My specialty is short hair relaxed/natural, special occasion hair and men hair cuts and makeup.
4. What in your opinion is the most rewarding thing about working as a hair stylist?
To be able to transform someone’s look and make them feel good.
5. When you meet that customer that has not had a great experience with a previous stylist, how do you make them comfortable while in your chair?
I listen to their experience first. Explain to them what I’m going to do and wow them with my expertise.
6. If you could change one thing about the cosmetology industry what would that be?
The customer service. I think we can do better on how we treat/greet clients and to make their experience more memorable in a positive way.
7. Where do you see yourself a few years from now, what are your goals as a stylist?
Owning my own salon. My goal is to launch my special occasion business offering hair/makeup for promoting, weddings etc. to a larger market.
8. How do you stay motivated and on top of your game?
I watch other stylists work, and go to classes.
9. Here is a chance to sell you ‘the stylist’ and your business, tell us why we should utilize your services?
My services should be utilized because I am punctual, my skills are phenomenal, and the customer will be pleased, and beautiful/handsome when they leave my chair.
10. In which city/state do you mainly work?
11. How can we contact you for an appointment?
(773) 727-8284 or [email protected] to book an appointment.
Originally posted 2015-02-21 15:00:59.