1. Introduce yourself and which salon do you work with?
My name is Shateria aka TeriaStyleZ and I am the owner of Signature Styles “Multi-Cultural” Hair Salon.
2. How long have you worked as a licensed cosmetologist (or equivalent in your country) and where did you study?
I’ve been a cosmetologist for 7 years and a cosmetology instructor for 2 years. I receive my education from Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology in North Augusta, South Carolina where I now work as an instructor. I am licensed in the state of Georgia and South Carolina.
3. What is your specialty, relaxed, natural hair, locs or anything special?
I specialize in healthy hair care, relaxers, color, natural hair, haircutting, locs, loc extensions*, braids and twists, braidless sew-ins and hairstyling!
4. What in your opinion is the most rewarding thing about working as a hair stylist?
The most rewarding thing about working as hairstylist is that I get to meet new people and build amazing relationships! I love making people look good and feel good about themselves!
5. When you meet that customer that has not had a great experience with a previous stylist, how do you make them comfortable while in your chair?
I make them feel comfortable by listening attentively to their concerns. I am patient with people and I educate my clients so they too can have a better understanding.
6. If you could change one thing about the cosmetology industry what would that be?
I would like to change how non-professionals view our profession. Cosmetologist are professionals and our services are just as important.
7. Where do you see yourself a few years from now, what are your goals as a stylist?
I see myself opening another salon within the next 2-3 years.
8. How do you stay motivated and on top of your game?
This is my passion! I get to do what I love everyday, in the salon and in the classroom, so that alone motivates me! It never feels like work and when it starts to I know its time for a vacation!
9. Here is a chance to sell you ‘the stylist’ and your business, tell us why we should utilize your services?
You should utilize my services because I am passionate about what I do!
9. In which city/state do you mainly work?
10. How can we contact you for an appointment?
Signature Styles “Multi-Cultural” Hair Salon
2320 Gordon Highway Bldg.2
online booking: www.styleseat.com/shateria