Usually, when we think of the holidays most of us are ready to whip out the latent fashionista in us by getting snatched and slaying the hair game. Unless you’re into that Christmas life, I doubt that the above is what crosses your mind when you think holiday hair.
Well if you’re going to a theme party of some sort it could pass – Christmas lights, sleigh bells and all – but I am certain that many of us would go for something less…artsy? In that case we’ve got you covered. There’s absolutely no reason why you can’t have slayage for the upcoming festivities without setting your hair back several growth cycles. Here are a few quick tips in case you haven’t decided on what you will do with your hair in this season of festivities:
- Safety first- if you have been on a healthy hair journey and wish to continue doing so long after the last ornament is stored in the box headed to the attic, ensure that the styles you rock will not compromise your hair health.
- Updos are great for office parties. You get to protect your ends from frigid temperatures.
- Braids will keep you looking fly while giving you a break from manipulating your hair throughout wardrobe changes and festive engagements
- Accessories are your best friend. They can change the game on the simple styles and provide that wow factor.
- It’s the best time to try out that pop of color you’ve been dying to try out; for one, colors are a big part of the celebrations, in addition, it doesn’t have to be permanent since there is hair chalk and spray-on color cans.
- Wiggin’ it could be one of the best things you could do this season. How so you ask? Well it can cut down preparation time – more time to get that face beat- and it can keep the cold off your head. Think of it as a hair hat 🙂 .
The Holidays are in full swing and that means we all will need a go to updo on the nights we are feeling particularly glamorous. Check out our list of 8 styles you can try yourself this season:
1. Statement Updos
This doesn’t require too much time or effort. If your hair is long you will be done in a wink. If your hair is short, you will require extensions, bobby pins and gel. Just twist roll and pin to create as very polished statement updo. That bang is perfection.