This is a cute style that can be enjoyed by adults and children alike. A great way to jazz up the regular ol’ bun and very quick and easy to do! This do has been made popular by the infamous lady gaga and there have been many a instructional on how to get the look but this is my way of doing it. Here’s how to get this gorgeous style yourself:
(1) Pull well moisturized hair up into a ponytail.
(2) Use smoothing & holding product of your choice (I used Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter) on the edges to make them sleek and hold.
(3) Tie a scarf around your edges overnight, if applicable. This style can also be done straight away in the morning and just skip this step.
(4) Using a ponytail holder that is the same color as your hair, black in my case, pull your hair into a bun by not pulling the hair all the way through on the last looping of the ponytail holder – similar to my “Make your bun fuller” tutorial. It is important that you pull the hair all in the same direction (I think pulling it forward looks best).
(5) Leave the very ends of your hair in the front, you will need them in a minute.
(6) Fan hair out, spritz with a little holding spray to make it stand up if needed. My hair was SO soft and well moisturized it just kept flopping down plus I knew I’m going to wash it tonight so I was liberal with the hairspray.
(7) Separate the fanned hair in the middle to make the two “loops” of the bun.
(8) Pull the ends that were left in the front backwards over the middle of the loops and pin in the back using a bobby pin.
(9) Give a shot of oil sheen to finish the look and viola – you have a very cute and unique updo that requires no heat, no preparation, no muss and no fuss!
Because of the amount of hairspray needed to hold the hair in place, I would not suggest that you attempt to recreate the style every day (unless it holds while you sleep) but every now and again, why not? I have also seen the style done without any hairspray, you will get a more ‘floppy’ bow but it looks cute anyway!
Click the below video for my live demonstration of the gorgeous bow bun!
Leave a Reply