1. Introduce Yourself
Hey Fam! My name is Devin, I’m 23 years old and I’m a budding Youtuber who finally has found herself and am learning to fall in love with her natural hair again.
2. Are you relaxed, natural, texturized or texlaxed?
3. What’s your story, how did you get to where you are?
Although I’ve never had a perm, I’ve never really embraced my natural hair. Flat irons and straightening keratin treatments have led me to finally realizing I need to embrace my natural hair, see how it can truly flourish the way God intended it to. More about my story can be found on my YouTube channel!!! @devvbee
4. What is your typical weekly regimen? Each Saturday is wash day!
1) Deep Condition: I start by spritzing my hair with water and deep conditioning with either my aloe vera plant, bentonite clay, or Shea moisture‘s Manuka Honey reparative deep conditioner (or some type of combination of these). After letting that soak in/sitting under a dryer for about 30 minutes I hop in the shower to shampoo and condition.
2) Shampoo & Condition: I usually alternate between shampoos and conditioners each week…so one week I use the Maui Moisture Think & Restore + Bamboo Fiber shampoo and conditioner and the next week I use the ApHogee shampoo for damaged hair and Balancing Moisture shampoo.
3) Next (regardless of the shampoo I use) I follow up with the ApHogee keratin 2-minute reconstructor.
4) Leave In: I use the Mane Choice Leave-in conditioner
5) Style. Sometimes if I feel like my hair needs it I’ll co-wash with the Mielle Organics De-tangler Co-Wash on Wednesdays otherwise I’d just re-style.
ALSO every 4-6 weeks or so I do a protein treatments with the ApHogee hair Two-Step Protein Treatment.
5. Are you happy with your progress so far?
Yes! With my new-growth I see the potential my hair has of flourishing to its full potential and I’m so excited to see where this journey takes me.
6. What’s your signature style?
My signature style actually evolved from a mo-hawk fail when I pushed the hair too much to one side. I do a flat-twist, sealing it with a bantu knot and pin all hair to the side for a sleek look.
7. How do you ensure that your ends are protected from the elements and your hands?
When I style my hair I usually do Twist outs/braid outs/bantu knots or braid it up where my ends are pinned-away. I also sleep only with a silk bonnet and scarf. I try to only really manipulate my hair twice a week.
8. Do you have a goal length or are you more concerned about the health of your hair?
I would like my hair to get to armpit length and be healthy. But I’m focusing on health first before growth.
9. Is there anything that you hair hates?
Not that I know of. 🙂
11. Where can we find you online?