4. Get Your Iron. Iron is an important mineral that every person needs to prevent hair loss. Iron can be found in foods like liver, raisins and apricots so it is important to include these foods in your diet if you want to prevent hair loss.
5. Stop Smoking and Drinking Alcoholic Beverages. Both cigarettes and alcohol not only damage your overall health, but they virtually stop hair from growing. Eliminating both of these toxic substances from your life will promote hair growth.
Ways to Replace Lost Hair
1. Hairpieces, weaves & wigs. One of the best ways to replace lost hair is through the use of hairpieces and wigs. Usually when the word “wig” comes to mind, a person usually has an image of fake looking and feeling hair, but the wigs and hairpieces of today are made to look extremely natural and real.
2. Minoxidil Lotion. Minoxidil lotion is a topical solution that stimulates natural hair growth. Usually, minoxidil lotion is applied twice daily to the head and after a period of time, most people experience at least some hair growth through this process.
3. Hair Transplant. A hair transplant is a surgical solution for hair loss. Hair transplants are best for men who experience hair loss on the top of their head because during this procedure, hair is transferred from the back of the head to the front. Usually with a hair transplant you cannot tell the difference leaving a full head of hair for a natural look. This procedure is not very common for women though because women experience general overall thinning rather than pattern baldness.
Hair loss can be a perfectly natural part of growing older, but it can be a problem that can cause the afflicted person to lose his or her self worth. If you are experiencing unexplained hair loss you should visit your doctor just to rule out possible disease or illness, but most hair loss is just a normal part of the aging process. As you can see, though, from the information above it can be easy to both prevent and replace hair loss so that you can feel confident in your appearance no matter what age you are.
Originally posted 2012-02-26 19:00:20.