-->

About Marsha Buchanan

As a Jamaican girl raised in a devout church family headed by my mother, I have always had my natural hair, no chemical processing. After years of mistreating it , often ignorant of that fact, I began my healthy hair journey in January 2013 in fact, I have seen to it that my entire household falls in line where this is concerned. When I am not poring over some hair blog or forum I spend my time teaching English to rowdy high school students (ok maybe I have some little sweethearts in the mix), mothering the most adorable two year old on this globe, or rushing to meet the deadline for a writing project on Elance. In my spare time I enjoy a stroll along the beach with my doting husband.

ENJOYED THIS POST? JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER!

Reader Interactions

Comments

• YONITA says

girl i love your spirit and how you stand for what you believe in . you are the kind of people that show me that this world still has hope.keep up the good work.i just wish people wouldn’t take praying and repenting to God lightly because you never know how much more time you’ve got.PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

• Pamela Smith says

I’m going to pray that you get an understanding of what prayer really means and I also will pray that nothing bad ever happens to you or someone you love. If you don’t believe prayer changes things, just get breast cancer like I did and see what the power of prayer can do.

1. Phoenix McGee says

It isn’t a question of it it’ll work, it’s a question of it God will answer it. People pray for all kinds of things and God may answer in a way we don’t see or not at all lol. He ain’t a wish ATM.

• Marsha Buchanan-Allen says

That’s right Icandigit, be anxious for nothing but with prayer and supplication make thy request known. 🙂

2. Jenny JackJack says

To me, praying for hair is shallow…. I won’t be participating . There are more important things in the world to focus on and pray about that actually matter. For me , long hair isn’t one of them…

3. Tina says

I absolutely pray over my hair, not necessarily for it to grow. I pray over my hair like I pray for everything else.

4. TENIA. says

my pastor preached about us having a great measure of faith and we can pray about anything to him because he loves us so much that he will step down and bless with what we ask for if we practice our faith and continue praying. My pastor went on to use an example and said that it’s like a child who complains about breaking a crayon and even though it may not be a big thing but is a big thing in your child’s mind so you buy new crayons. i’m starting to pray about my hair because I really do believe it floats and I feel like anything you asked God for God loves us so much that you’ll granted to us as long as we show Faith. i’m starting to pray about my hair because I really do believe it works because he loves us so much that he will grant anything to us as long as you show great faith for it.