Its the simple things sometimes that makes this life amazing, hot cocoa in the morning picked fresh from a chocolate tree, coconut* water straight from the shell, sand between your toes and your one year old trying his best to make a snow angel after you showed him 10 times.
I loved this PSA, because it was simple it was effortless, and I get it – Fall in love with Your hair no matter what the charts says your type is, what color it is, how it feels just embrace it because it is yours.
CharyJay has earned the title of YouTube guru because her work is great, it isn’t over the top she doesn’t have flashing lights in her videos, she shares her hair with us in a way that makes us want to try that style that she just did.
If you are having trouble accepting your natural hair for whatever reason, take some time to watch this video and then strip your hair of everything, cleanse it completely allow it to shrink look at it and tell yourself ten things that you love about your natural hair.
For the women who feel a bit overwhelmed we want to encourage positivity at all times, if you think it often enough eventually you will believe it, and when you believe it will become like you never doubted it.
It is so important to deal with whatever issues you might be having head on without hesitation giving yourself the chance to come to terms with what grows naturally from your scalp.
Here are some tips on how to build your list of positive things about your hair:
1. Examine sections of your hair and look at how your strand grows. Does it coils in some areas with sharp loops and turns doing its own thing as it leaves your scalp? Realize that nobody else’s hair does it exactly the same as yours, it’s unique!
2. Does it shrink when wet but gets longer when dry or is it the other way around for you? Discover what is positive about your shrinkage.
3. Make a list of all the styles you want to try but thought you could not accomplish.
4. Try the styles on your list. Natural hair is so versatile that it’s almost a crime to be caught in a styling rut.
6. Determine what makes YOUR hair beautiful and hold on to that as it grows.
7. Take pictures of yourself with naked hair, no product or accessories, nothing. Make them black and white and huge and trust me, you will see a breathtaking beauty queen in those photographs!
Check out CharyJay’s PSA on her naked hair, then do number 7!
Sanetta Bilbrew Greenwood says
Her fro is slammingggggggg
Pheadra Pic says
Sondra Rudd says
Kimberly Champion says
i try. i really do
Edith Webb says
Yes I like
Cheryl Flanders says
My naked hair
Nicole Childs says
u need a straighten comb or a flat iron
Why would you post a comment like that on a post that is all about loving your hair as it is naturally, as your genetics dictate, as GOD designed it??? That is SO ignorant and sad…
…. said the person with embarrassingly dry, damaged hair.
Delores Richards says
^^ is ignorance at its best.
Thelma Sluis says
No straighten natural is beauty
J. Hart says
Your hair is beautiful! Love your fro!
Liz Marie Maysonet Sostre says
Is it me or does anyone else feel like twist outs are the new weave? I like my fro in its natural state. If I’m always twisting how can I run my hands through my hair?
Leah James says
Yea I do that a lot I have multiple curl patterns and unlike others I actually like my hair better now when it’d dry with no products accessories nothing . I take pics of my hair and even post my naked hair online . Also my hair shrinks up when wet but when I put it in a bun and let I dry it stretches alot and looks much better .
Dolores de Graaff says
naked? I love my natural hair!