Have you wanted to try the faux locs trend but didn’t because you thought it would take too long? A whole bunch of tutorials on Youtube look amazing in the end, but they can take about two to three days to complete. Well, never fear! This has to be the fastest and easiest tutorial ever, and your hair will look amazing before you know it!
What You Need:
8 Packs of Marley hair (the Cuban Twist hair is used in the video, but you can use whatever hair you prefer)
What to Do:
1. Start by creating cornrows going to the back of your head. To have a more realistic end result, create smaller parts in the front of your hair
2. Use the crochet needle to attach the Marley hair to your braids. For longer faux locs, don’t cut the Marley hair. For medium or shorter locs, cut the Marley hair as you see fit
3. Now, instead of twisting the Marley hair, simply take another piece of Marley hair and wrap it around the two strands. Once you reach the bottom of the strand, use a lighter to burn the ends and prevent the hair from unraveling
4. Repeat all over your head
5. Once finished, dip each loc into boiling hot water. Do this because the hair will be a little stiff at first, and this will soften the hair
Benefits of this Method:
- You will have easy access to your scalp for washing and moisturizing
- It takes half the time of the traditional method of installing faux locs. In the video, it took her about 8 hours to complete
- This looks realistic, and doesn’t feel as heavy on your hair as if you did it on individual strands – also means less pulling and breakage
- You can experiment with color with this style, because your real hair is tucked away in braids
If you’re interested in trying the faux locs method, I suggest going for it! I know that I’m now thinking about buying a few packs of Marley hair!