These are the exact hair methods I use to slick down my (short to medium length) natural hair and edges, in order to create a sleek high puff hairstyle. I have very thick, kinky, coily natural hair, so whenever I want to lay my hair down flat (to last all day) these are the steps I follow;
1. Spray edges with Water
2. Apply Eco Style Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil Gel
3. Apply Mielle Organics Edge Control
4. Use a small tooth comb & brush to lay edges down flat
5. Tie down edges with a satin scarf for 45 minutes to an hour.
NB: I use a Bristle Brush in between each step to help lay down my edges.
So if you’re struggling to get the results you want with your thick natural hair, then definitely give this method a try.
Hope it’s useful!
PRODUCTS & TOOLS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO;
- Eco Style Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil Gel;
- Mielle Organics Edge Gel;
- Bristle Brush;
- Small Tooth Comb;
- Satin Headscarf