- How You Maintain Your Hair Color is Everything
- Reviews Of The Avlon Colorsations Line
- Tips on Caring For Color-treated Hair
- Color Inspiration
How You Maintain Your Hair Color is Everything
Colorsations is the name you need to know if you love switching things up with color. It is the latest innovation that is here to help you keep your color radiant. You know how colored hair comes with a list of must-haves like special shampoos and conditioners, lotions, potions, you name it because anything else is likely to strip the color or fade it before you are ready. There is so much you have to buy to get it to look great once you set foot outside the salon.
Then there’s the issue of the color fading only to reveal the bleach and you end up looking like a hot mess. Those of us who color our hair have to take extra care since the process itself leaves our hair vulnerable to all the dreaded ways it can be damaged, and if it is not properly pampered you are in for a world of misery with the hair fall. I am willing to bet top dollar you don’t have the time for that. Well with Avlon’s Colorsations line you can rest a little easier.
Remember a few years back when we first started seeing mainstream use of vibrant and unique hair color especially with naturals? Seriously, there were huge numbers of the black community rocking bomb colors with names like pretty purple, caramel-gold, burnished copper(affiliate link), starburst blue, plush plum, rose kissed pink, chocolate strawberry etc. It’s about time too. Why not? color is so invigorating and Colorsations will be the ace in the hole you need to enhance the tones that you desire.
It’s hard enough putting in the work to keep your hair fab without having to worry about how you are going to maintain the color. Today there are numerous dyes on the market and several maintenance lines to aid in satisfying our need to indulge in the color sensations and that’s where Avlon’s Colorsations line comes in.
What we like about Avlon is not just the fact that they have some of the most innovative products for people of color who love to experiment with hair dye, but they also contribute to the black community through donations to those of us involved in the research field.
If you’ve ever had red hair color you will know how quickly it loses it vibrancy which can be disheartening especially if you spent a lot on the initial style. The same goes for natural tones of black and brown, which tend to go unnoticed sometimes because the shine and vibrancy just don’t seem to last too long.
Avlon’s AffirmCare Colorsation Collection helps preserve the vibrancy of color treated hair while moisturizing and enhancing shine and bounce. It is formulated for all hair types and anyone who has used their affirm line knows their products are the truth.
Their Colorsations line consists of four products, a shampoo, conditioner, hair masque and sealant that are chock-full of potent ingredients that are “holy grail” ingredients in the natural hair community. The Colorsations line normalizes the pH of your hair and promises to be a dependable ally in your defence against damaged hair.
I absolutely love and approve
And she even posted a video on her popular Instagram about it:
Here are some tips to take the guess-work out of prolonging the life of your dye job.
- Always get an experienced professional to color your hair, particularly if you need to lift color with bleach. Color stylists can assess the health of your hair and mix the appropriate ratio to get you the color results you want while adding products like Olaplex that maintain the structure and health of your hair during the coloring process.
- Don’t shampoo before installing your color. The natural oils help protect your hair.
- Don’t shampoo for up to 72hrs after dyeing your hair. After that, Colorsations Color Retention Shampoo can help you cleanse without the possibility of bleeding your color out. The sulfate free shampoo(affiliate link) is formulated with Shikaki, Amla, Reetha and Keratin to keep the color from fading.
- Do opt for rich conditioners to prolong the sheen and vibrancy of your hair. The Colorsations Color Retention Conditioner with Shikaki, Flaxseed, Amla, Shea butter(affiliate link), Coconut oil(affiliate link) and Keratin is formulated to infuse moisture and boost shine so that your hair can continue to slay.
- Be good about Deep conditioning(affiliate link) to further safeguard against washed out looking color. While you might want to limit the number of times you shampoo, deep conditioning treatments are vital for color treated hair and the Colorsations Color Retention Deep Conditioning Masque will back you up with the intense deep conditioning(affiliate link) needed to stave off brittle hair that can lead to breakage.
- If you like heat styling you will do well with the Colorsations Anti-Fade Sealant to lock your color in place while you blow dry or use your flat iron(affiliate link).
- Like a warm shower? Skip the head to toe treatment and keep your hair dry since warm water helps bleed color from your hair.
- If you haven’t already done so, investing in a water filter for your shower is in your best interest since chlorine isn’t the best friend of color treated hair since it can be drying and can wash out the color.
So if you were a little unsure about why color matters to us and how to ensure you get the best from your next hair color job, now you’ve been set straight.
You can buy products from the Avlon AffirmCare Colorsations line by clicking the link below.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post which means that BlackHairInformation.com may have received compensation for including it on our website. For full details please view our Disclaimer statement and Affiliation disclosure .