With a new year there is always renewed energy and focus on new goals, really it is a vicious cycle that happens once every 365 days but allows for re-evaluation and examination which is a great thing. If the past year or years have taught us anything it should be, live life to the fullest and don’t be afraid to try anything at least once.
Our hair should be no different we are often so caught up with our strict journeys that we often forget to have fun and really enjoy our hair, here are five things we should not be afraid to try in 2013.
1. A hair cut: Hair grows back, really it does! Sometimes a fresh haircut is all that you need to start to promote overall change or a new look. Do not be afraid of the scissors, cut cut and cut some more until you get the desired level of ‘turnt up’ you need to face the world as the ‘new you’. Haircuts not only force personality changes it can be very healthy for your hair as well as you get lovely ends and the experience is nothing but rewarding.
2. Color: I mean bold ‘in your face’, ‘I am not afraid’ color. If you are going to add color to your hair and make a statement make sure you are very prepared with what you want and who will do it. The application and after care is what makes all the difference when playing with color, doing a little research won’t hurt and will make your decision even easier. Bold colors are in this season, not to mention bold highlights, have some fun with color this year.
3. Hair extensions* and wigs*: Accessories are the name of the game when it comes to making your style unique and changing things up without necessarily changing your own hair. Why not try the ultimate accessory, extensions* or a wig* either for protective styling or just because you can. The hair industry has evolved so much so that there is bound to be something out there you that ultimately fit or amps up your own style. Research the best hair for you, buy some and don’t be afraid to rock it.
4. A Relaxer: Yep I said it! If you are natural by choice and you have been thinking about getting a relaxer unless you are allergic to it, go for it. There are many women who choose to live with a relaxer and who have perfectly healthy hair. It is not impossible to have healthy long hair with a relaxer if that is what you desire, again do the research necessary to keep your hair healthy and thriving.
5. Heat Styling: If you listen to some you would think heat is all that is evil and should not by any means be part of your routine. Heat styling, much like color or a perm should be used with some education. Learning how to use heat effectively will not only relieve some of the anxiety you may have when considering styling your hair with a flat iron* or rocking a blowout. Using heat occasionally to switch things up can be a godsend for some women who just need a break from their hair don’t be afraid to experiment with some heat based styles this year just as long as your stay educated and in tune with your hair.
What are some of the things you were once afraid of but you want to try in 2013?
Leave a Reply