Have you ever been so bored with your hair that it leads to pure frustration and unhappiness? There are some simple ways you can break the repetition and boredom without grabbing a pair of scissors and doing something you might regret later.
Below are 7 tips that can help break any styling rut.
1. Get extended – Extensions are great because they give you a different look but at the same time they give you and your hair a break from styling. With the new texture you might get inspired to do different things with your own hair afterwards. After a period of time, extensions can also remind you about the things that you love about your own hair and more often than not you will end up missing it. The break may be just what you need to get motivated again!
2. Focus on the face – Experiment with makeup, pick a look that you have never tried before and just do it, The idea is to play-up your face and skin to distract you from the frustrations of your hair. Sometimes a dramatic face requires a simple hairstyle anyway which can possibly ease your boredom and re-energize you.
3. Go to the salon – When you are not feeling the love for your hair, love it even more and treat yourself to a healthy salon visit. Get a great treatment done, get some tips from your stylist and a well needed trim. All these things will help to break the feeling of boredom that comes with routine styling.
4. Embrace the routine – This may sound strange because if the routine makes you bored why would you want to embrace it? Well the answer is simple- the routine is the key to your success with your hair goals. When you feel bored get inspired by looking at inspirational pictures of hair that you would like to achieve, trust that the routine you have will get you to your goals and be energized by that.
5. Play opposite – If you normally wear protective styles, try to wear your hair out and the opposite holds true, if you always wear your hair out, experiment with updo’s and styles that keep your hair tucked away.
6. Play copy cat– YouTube, blogs, celebrity magazines are a haven for hairstyles that you probably have never tried. Why not step out of the rut and copy some of them. Don’t be afraid to add hair extensions if necessary so that your styling options are not limited by the length or thickness of your hair.
7. Heat and color – Dabbling with heat and color can help to break boredom but should be practiced with care and precautions. If you decide to take the color plunge try to get a professional to help you with your decision. The same applies to heat styling! Heat styling can be fun but should be done in the healthiest way possible to protect your fragile strands.
What are your ideas for breaking the styling rut?
Hate Seeing Ads? Get A Membership!