We all know the story behind virgin coconut(affiliate link) oil: it heals, mends, cures you name it, it does it. Coconut oil is also known as cocos nucifera and it is basically white fat made by pressing coconut kernels. We always suggest that when making the decision to purchase coconut oil, always buy organic, cold-pressed, pure, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil.
For those of you who have sensitive, dry, itchy, flaky scalp…listen up. Deep treat your curls with this DIY coconut(affiliate link) oil treatment, the coconut oil(affiliate link) can soothe your irritated scalp. It can also help reduce scalp and hair dryness not to mention this recipe is quick, easy, and all natural improving your over all hair health.
1. Warm up a jar of your coconut oil(affiliate link) in a bowl of hot water. Do this until it liquefies.
2. Part your hair into sections and apply the oil.
3. Give lots of attention to your ends and scalp.
4. Take a scoop of brown sugar. Combine that sugar with about 2 tbsp. of conditioner.
5. Massage it into your scalp. No scrubbing!
6. Let it sit for an hour.
7. Rinse it out and condition with your favorite conditioner.
You can repeat this every time you wash. Okay, so you are probably like “No ma’am. She just made that up!” We know that even the thought of brown sugar on our hair sounds a bit off, but people actually use it in their hair as a natural exfoliate.
You didn’t hear this from me, but on Pinterest. There is a rumor that’s going around saying that brown sugar is a natural straightener, but we know that might not be true.
In the video below, she uses a sugar mixture as a scrub for her scalp. Unique right? Check out the video below and see just how to make your very own scrub:
Try this out, and after you do, come back and tell us in detail if it worked for you. Give us the scoop on your results!
Originally posted 2014-10-14 20:00:58.