We often forget that the scalp is the source of healthy growth for our hair. How we treat our scalp is just as important as how we treat or strands. If you want healthy hair, you should focus on achieving healthy scalp. Healthy scalp leads to healthy hair.
As we know, some things are out of our control, but there are a few things we do have control over when it comes to our scalp.
A healthy scalp is kept clean, has good blood flow, and has open pores. An unhealthy scalp can be characterized as itchy, dry, tender, or even oily.
If you want to know the basics of scalp health here are 10 quick tips on how to maintain a healthy scalp:
1. Do not scratch your scalp with your fingernails.
2. Try massaging your scalp daily using all 10 of your fingertips.
3. Develop a workout routine. Be consistent with it.
4. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water!
5. Don’t use products that you know will leave a lot of build up.
6. Avoid washing your hair with extremely hot water.
8. Get rid of damaged hair and split ends.
9. Don’t wear really tight hairstyles. Choose styles that nuture, not torture your hair and scalp.
10. Tie your head up at night or sleep on satin pillow case. Protect your hair while you sleep.
In order to keep your hair and scalp healthy and growing, show them both some love. Try protective, loose styles, keep it moisturized, stay away from heat.
These are some things we have all probably heard before, but this is just a reminder that your hair and scalp will give back whatever you put into it.