-->

About Petra

Hi I'm Petra Lomax , a staff writer and editor for BlackHairInformation.com . I am Jamaican born and raised and moved to the United States in my early 20's. I have a BA in Political Science and International relations as well as an MBA and a Masters In Project Management. I love travel, culture and anything that has to do with creative media and business.

ENJOYED THIS POST? JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER!

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. S. Latrice Berry says

Once upon a time, my now-hubby had mid-back beautiful hair and i adored it. I always had a weakness for men with hair and when he walked into my life with his hair in a blowout and Yankees headband, I was like “Hey…”. I was relaxed then, but now that we are older and he has since cut his hair for professional reasons and i am now on my natural hair journey, I often fantasize about how powerful and inspiring we’d look walking through downtown, hand-in-hand, Froed out!!! I think we should embrace the natural, no matter the gender.

2. Tammie Faulkner TaylorTammie Faulkner Taylor says

Unless it’s dreads, I wouldn’t date a man with long hair. Regardless of texture, long hair on men, unless in dreads, is so corny and lame looking to me. Unless it’s dreads, if it’s long enough to pull/grasp, it’s a no no.

3. Ms MoneycaMs Moneyca says

My hair is BSL so no his hair can’t be longer than mine. I don’t even like guys with any length of hair to braid or loc. I like the low cut with the deep waaaaves! Lol

4. Ashley WatsonAshley Watson says

I don’t have a problem with men having hair my dad, babe, and son have hair and its long I take good care of their hair all of them have more hair than me… my babe hair is like 4 times as long as mines and I have no problem with it he loves my short cut

5. Mickalynn says

No. All that hair is maladaptive on a man. If he was in the jungle with all that hair trying to catch dinner and something/someone yanked him up by the hair….what he gonna do? I have dated both long/short haired men… I love a fresh clean cut…just not my preference. Oh and I am definitely not trying to do his hair, my hair, the offispring’s hair and men definitely expect their women to take care of all that.

6. Nisha says

Actually, I have been with a guy who had better quality hair than mine. I didn’t feel any type of way. I was actually able to comb the guy’s hair which is cool. In my country it’s the norm for guys to have long hair.

7. LadyNina says

I love long hair and facial hair on a man. My man has long beautiful hair and I love it. I enjoy the quality time doing his hair and it fits his personality perfectly. I get more aggravated when his hair is a mess than he does. I would be so upset if he decided to cut his hair off.

8. Tabatha says

Sure. I don’t want someone making their decision to date me due to my hair, so I wouldn’t do it to the person I’m dating. Would I be envious yes, but that’s life. My hubby has gorgeous eyelashes, and I have barely there. lol, I didn’t date him for them and I won’t dump him for them either. People need to get to know the person and not worry so much about what’s on their head or not on their head.