I read an article recently where a naturalista felt that it was important to let her man know what to expect when dating, getting married to, or gaining interest in a woman with natural hair.
Recently I went into my bathroom and saw my expensive $9.99 conditioner, half empty and to add insult to injury I am out of shea butter(affiliate link), since someone now says, ‘just a little bit goes a long way on his beard”. Really?!
Granted this beard thing just happened within the last few months and now it is his obsession which was fine until I noticed a bit of dipping and jiving into my oils(affiliate link), butters(affiliate link) and leave ins.
Here is the thing, I am very capable of sharing with my man but to be frank me being natural is oh so convenient when I have the good stuff in the product closet but not so much when my curls are all over the place. As a result I felt inspired to make a list of things for my guy before he can ‘borrow’ any more products.
To all the boys who love their natural girls, here are the top 8 things you need to accept about our natural hair:
1. There will be curls in most places, we do try to clean up but do not complain if we miss a few.
2. You can touch my hair but not in circular motions, long strokes are better.
3. You can give scalp massages as often as you would like.
4. Do not use up all the conditioner without saying anything or replacing it.
5. We will switch the style up, add color or do something crazy every once in awhile, just nod and smile, nod and smile.
6. Yes we need all those oils(affiliate link)
7. Wash day might be long, so do not make plans for us that day
8. The bonnet is not going anywhere
What lists do you all make for the guys in your life? Dish below!