2. Keep accessories in your purse – Have you ever spent hours at night setting your hair and then walk outside and it turns into a big poof ball? Sometimes we do not anticipate a bad hair day so it is best to be prepared.
Keep some pretty hair pins, a headband* or scarf handy in your purse for some impromptu (or emergency) styling. Make sure your accessories are a neutral color so that they can blend well with whatever it is that you are wearing on any given day.
I know that as women our purses are heavy enough with all the stuff we tend to carry on a daily basis, so I hate to add ‘just one more thing’.
Having said that, having a hair accessory handy can be a lifesaver if you are having one of those days.
3. Cover it up – Fedora hats are one of the best inventions known to woman. If you look in the mirror and your hair is giving you all kinds of ‘nos’ then be sure to have something to cover it all up and make things better .
Hats really work if it is a casual day or if you are going somewhere where a hat would be appropriate. If you plan to wear a hat make sure your hair is protected either by having the hat lined with satin or covering your hair with something that keeps it from rubbing against the harsh material.
4. Braid it up – I believe that on days when your hair is just not acting right for no apparent reason, it is telling you that it wants to be braided. Ponytail braids are very cute not to mention quick and easy if you are in a rush.
A great style for relaxed or natural hair, is gathering your hair in a low pony, and just make one single braid down your back, add extension hair if necessary and smooth your crown leaving a few pieces out to frame your face.
A great tip when wearing a casual style especially if you are headed to the office is to accessorize well, so that you can still look professional while sporting an easy breezy style.
5. Fake it till you make it – If you do not mind phony pony tails, and puffs then when you have a bad hair day these just might be your saving grace.
Make sure you buy the ones as close to your hair texture as you can then just wrap your own hair in a bun and clip the phony pony over it. The only other thing you have to do when installing these bad boys is make sure your crown is smooth. That’s it! Bad hair day averted.
6. High bun it, low bun it, top knot it – You simply cannot have a post like this one without including the humble bun. Putting your hair in a bun is the easiest style you can accomplish when in a hurry and you just can’t be bothered.
An excellent accesory to invest in is one of those donut bun* thingamajigs that can help you make the best bun ever. Check out a tutorial on how to make one so that you will have it handy when you want turn things around quickly in the morning.
Originally posted 2013-09-25 15:00:06.