Are you the type of girl that lives for a hack? If you are, then we are totally on the same page because I don’t care what it is, whether it’s a hack for cleaning up or hacks for kids I am all over it.
Now as a natural hair self-acclaimed guru I also live for hair hacks! Anything that will make my hair life easier is essential because to be honest, these days a girl ain’t got time and saving as much of it as I can is my top priority.
With that said I recently ran across a video done by Melissa Denise who shared 19 hair hacks that she lives by and I just knew I had to share it with you all here.
Before we get into her video though, here are 8 hacks that I live by:
1. Easy and fast hair refresher spray that you can use every morning or anytime your hair gets dry – Water, cheap conditioner, and a little bit of oil, in a spray bottle. (Shake well before use)
2. Use a plastic bag as a steaming cap instead of an expensive store bought cap
3. I use a T-shirt to help dry my hair on wash days
4. I always amp up a deep conditioner* that does nothing for me by adding oils*, honey* or even eggs
5. I keep my leave in conditioner* in the fridge especially during the Summer time or if I have Aloe Vera Juice* in the mix. The cold water seals the cuticles of the hair
6. I rarely use a toothbrush for my edges but when I do want my edges to look great, I always have one ready
7. Shea butter* and a scarf is a great way to lay your edges instead of using edge control.
8. Deep condition your hair using food in your pantry or fridge – eggs and mayo for protein, bananas and honey* for moisture, black tea for shedding and so much more.
Now that you know mine, let’s get into this video shall we?