Are you the type of girl that lives for a hack? If you are, then we are totally on the same page because I don’t care what it is, whether it’s a hack for cleaning up or hacks for kids I am all over it.
Now as a natural hair self-acclaimed guru I also live for hair hacks! Anything that will make my hair life easier is essential because to be honest, these days a girl ain’t got time and saving as much of it as I can is my top priority.
With that said I recently ran across a video done by Melissa Denise who shared 19 hair hacks that she lives by and I just knew I had to share it with you all here.
Before we get into her video though, here are 8 hacks that I live by:
1. Easy and fast hair refresher spray that you can use every morning or anytime your hair gets dry – Water, cheap conditioner, and a little bit of oil, in a spray bottle. (Shake well before use)
2. Use a plastic bag as a steaming cap instead of an expensive store bought cap
3. I use a T-shirt to help dry my hair on wash days
4. I always amp up a deep conditioner(affiliate link) that does nothing for me by adding oils(affiliate link), honey(affiliate link) or even eggs
5. I keep my leave in conditioner(affiliate link) in the fridge especially during the Summer time or if I have Aloe Vera Juice(affiliate link) in the mix. The cold water seals the cuticles of the hair
6. I rarely use a toothbrush for my edges but when I do want my edges to look great, I always have one ready
7. Shea butter(affiliate link) and a scarf is a great way to lay your edges instead of using edge control.
8. Deep condition your hair using food in your pantry or fridge – eggs and mayo for protein, bananas and honey(affiliate link) for moisture, black tea for shedding and so much more.
Now that you know mine, let’s get into this video shall we?