You got up this morning and your hair was in a mess. You tried a low bun…boring. What about a high ponytail? Nah, the high ponytail is kind of out of style. What about just wearing your hair down and out? No ma’am, you need something new and fresh. You need a style that is easy and can be done everyday. Let’s try a protective style.
1. Starting off with a gel (Eco styler), sleek down your edges. Sleeking your edges is optionally, but if you like that polished, clean look, do so.
2. Take your brush and smooth the product in. Brush it lightly to avoid damage. This step is just to ensure that there are no fly aways and frizz.
3. Next, grab a section of your hair on the front, left side of your head, and slowly twist it down to the end. Take that twist and bring it to the back of your head. Bobby pin the twist in place.
4. Do the same thing on the other side of your head. Grab a section and twist it down to the end. Pull it back, and bobby pin it into place. Make sure the twist is nice and even along side the other twist.
5. Split the back of your hair into two sections. On each section, braid the hair all the way down. Lightly pull the braids apart to form looser braids.
6. Tie your braids in a knot on the back of your head. Depending on how long your hair is, you may can knot it up to three times.
7.With the two ends you have left, tuck them inside the bun you just formed. You may bobby pin the bun down for more security.
Optional: Use a satin scarf to tie your hair down for about ten minutes. This should have your hair and edges laying down. Check out a visual tutorial here and tell us what you think below in the comment box!
Originally posted 2014-10-27 15:00:38.