1. Introduce yourself and which salon if any you work at…
My name is Kim Owens, I am the Owner, Manager and Hairstylist at Enchantment Beauty Salon in Memphis. I specialize in hair extensions*, which include sew in weaves and dreadlocks extensions*. I have 29+ years of experience. I opened my salon in 1997.
2. How long have you worked as a licensed cosmetologist (or equivalent in your country) and where did you study?
I’ve worked 29 years as a licensed cosmetologist.
I attended Mid South School of Beauty, which was located in Memphis.
3. What is your specialty, relaxed, natural hair, locs or anything special?
Hair Extensions*: Sew in weaves, micro braids, dreadlocks extensions*, quick weave, seneglese twist ect.
4. What in your opinion is the most rewarding thing about working as a hair stylist?
I love being able to improve the condition and health of my clients hair and to enhance their looks.
5. When you meet that customer that has not had a great experience with a previous stylist, how do you make them comfortable in your chair?
I make sure the lines of communication is open. I would let the client view my portfolio and assure them of my work ethics and skills.
6. If you could change one thing about the cosmetology industry what would that be?
That’s a hard question, since I love this field so much. I would change the fact that hair care is far more important than style. It seems like everyone wants to look good at any cost, which puts the natural hair in jeopardy.
7. Where do you see yourself a few years from now, what are your goals as a stylist?
I plan to work at my salon and focus more on the hair extension business. I started my hair extension business in 2014.
8. How do you stay motivated and on top of your game?
I stay educated on the new styles and trends. I try to sharpen my skills daily.
Here is a chance to sell you ‘the stylist’ and your business, tell us why we should utilize your services?
I am a specialist in the field of cosmetologist. I take great pride in my work, along with using high quality products at a reasonable price. My salon is clean and has a conforta#stylist #kimowensble atmosphere.
In which city/state do you mainly work?
How can we contact you for an appointment?
Enchantment Beauty Salon
Memphis, Tennessee 38116
Leave a Reply