In 2021, Tessica Brown, aka Gorilla Glue Girl, made it clear to America that despite her struggles with her strands, she was planning on sticking around. Brown recently came out with a new line of hair care products that helped her hair and scalp heal from her trauma. You may be wondering how she got into trouble in the first place, well this is the story of Tessica Brown
Who is Gorilla Glue Girl?
@im_d_olladyStiff where????? Ma hair ??♬ original sound – Tessica Brown
For those of you who don’t know the drama behind the Gorilla Glue Girl gambit here is a quick backstory before we move on to her products.
Tessica Brown is a 40-year-old Louisianian, who’s a big fan of sleek styles, slicked-backed ponytails, and Got2B products – especially the glues. When she eventually ran out, she turned to the next best thing in her house – Gorilla Glue Heavy Duty Adhesive Spray. The hold worked and her hair was locked in place…but that’s when the problems started.
Tessica realized that no matter how many times she washed, combed, or scratched at her hair, she couldn’t undo her ‘do’. In desperation, she turned to her followers on TikTok, desperately asking them for advice.
@im_d_olladyIt don’t move I hate it here
After no avail, she sought advice from the medical community, seeking help from her local ER and eventually, a plastic surgeon in Los Angeles. The plastic surgeon, Dr. Obeng, used a combination of medical-grade adhesive remover, aloe vera, olive oil*, and acetone. After four hours, Brown was free and her hair was saved.
Afterward, Tessica tried to restore her good name and thank her followers for their kindness, support, and charity. She donated $20,000 to the R.E.S.T.O.R.E foundation, provided three local neighbors with financial assistance, and starting her own hair care line called Tessica Brown Forever Hair.
What’s she selling?
As Tessica healed, she needed products that would help her grow healthy hair and would be gentle and nourishing. Empowered by her followers, she decided to create the brand Forever Hair to share her healthy hair care recipes.
As of June 2021, Brown was able to make $25,000 and sell everything from her line. She’s still sold out today! Here is what she was selling.
- Forever Hair Growth Stimulating Oil – The product that Tessica launched her brand with. This stimulating oil is infused with avocado oil*, black cumin, safflower seed oil, and essential oils* like lavender and rosemary.
- Forever Hair Forever Hold – Of course, Tessica Brown wouldn’t start a product line without a hairspray. Tessica’s Forever Hold is known for having a very strong hold, but fortunately, it can be washed out very easily.
- Forever Hair Sleek Edge Control – Brown also released a 4 oz. bottle of edge control. However, this edge control is incredibly nourishing. It contains ingredients like aloe vera, olive oil*, and hydrolyzed silk to name a few.
- Forever Hair (Sulfate-Free) Moisturizing Conditioner* – Since Tessica suffered from dry hair after her surgery, she thought it to be very important to provide her fans with a hydrating conditioner. It contains moisturizing ingredients like argan oil and avocado oil*.
- Forever Hair (Sulfate-Free) Moisturizing Shampoo – Tessica needed a moisturizing, gentle shampoo to improve the quality of her hair. For this recipe, she created a shampoo that contains both coconut milk and jojoba oil*.
The site appears to be down as of now so who knows if Forever Hair will ever be back. If it is, will you be buying?