We did a test drive on this gel because of all the great things we’d heard about it.
It’s little wonder we wanted to try it with the list of claims on the generous 16oz jar.
• The greatest shine on earth!
• Aloe, Vitamins* and Wheat Protein.
• Alcohol free.
• With hair protective sunscreen.
• Hair Polisher Styling Gel gives great body, manageability, volume and shine.
• Perfect for blow styling, roller sets, moulding, sculpting, lifting and other styling techniques.
• Polisher Gel smoothes curly hair for a more natural, hair styling look.
• Defies gravity, conditions and hold hair styles all day.
We did the test on natural 4a textured hair. The lady wanted her curls defined without that ‘crunchy’ feeling that she gets with other gels. As this gel claims to defy gravity, the hard hair feeling seemed inevitable unless a moisturizer is applied beforehand.
After a wash and deep condition the damp hair was parted into 8 sections. A generous amount of a glycerine* based moisturizer was combed through the hair to get even coverage. At this point there was very little curl definition but the hair was soft. We then proceeded to add a good amount of the gel and brushed this through the section thoroughly. The curls became very defined and shiny.
After completing the whole head in this manner, the lady sat under the dryer without disturbing the curls to avoid frizz. The hair was dry in 30 minutes but the shine remained.
The curls felt firm to the touch but not hard or crunchy but the lady was unable to get a second day’s wear out of the style as the curls got crushed during the night. She also found that the gel did in fact flake slightly when the hair was agitated or she run her hands through it too often.
• The gel is excellent value at $4.49 (approx £3.00) for a 16oz jar which seems to last forever!
• It gives excellent hold on natural or relaxed hair with brilliant shine.
• It defined the curls just as well as other products actually made for this purpose at less than ¼ of the cost!
• Slight flaking if the hair is agitated too much after styling.
All in all, this is a great gel that is highly recommended for those days that you just have to have a smooth defined style or you want to define your curls with very little effort and spectacular results.