We don’t do hairstyles much on BHI. I suppose with all the topics still to cover on subjects like hair growth, length retention and breakage, hairstyles just tend to take a back seat.
With Valentines day now upon us, I know a lot of you will want to abandon protective styling for the night with the idea of trying out a loose sexy hairdo. But honestly up-do’s and even simple buns can be just as if not more sexy than hair worn down. No really, they can!
If you have a nice set of shoulders you should show them off. In any event an updo will give your significant other easy access to your neck for post meal make out sessions (nudge nudge wink wink).
A lot of us hear bun and picture a severe grandma style bun when it doesn’t have to be the case. The bun below is a rework of a style from the ever inspiring Hair Romance (nobody quite does hairstyles like she does). A lot of her styles tend to be for hair that is straight but this is one of the few that works just as well on curly hair.
Instructions (like you need them!)
1. If you would like to leave hair out at the front to create a bang, clip the hair aside using duck billed clips.
2. Begin braiding from the crown working your way down towards your ear. Make sure that the braid is fairly loose.
3. Continue braiding until you get to your nape then braid the rest of the way down your hair securing the end with an elastic band.
4. Pull the pieces of the braid apart to make the braid look bigger and more voluminous. If your hair is very curly, you may not need to do this.
5. Tie the remainder of your hair into a low ponytail although you can adjust the location of the ponytail to suit.
6. Insert your donut bun* maker. If you haven’t got one, buy one or make one!
7. Wrap your hair to cover the bun maker and apply another ponytail holder to hold the hair in place.
8. Twist the excess hair around the base of the bun.
9. Secure with a bobby pin
10. Grab the hanging braid and wrap it around the base of your bun securing the end with another bobby pin. Pin your bangs away from your face.
11. Accessorize with a big bold flower clip of your choice. Place it on the opposite side to the braid to balance the style.
12. Have A Happy Valentines Day!
Leave a Reply