- Oils, Oils Everywhere?
- Grasping The Significance Of Oils
- Historical Significance Of Oils
- Some Ancient Beliefs About Oils in Hair Care
- What Does All This Have to Do With Hair Care Now?
- Final Considerations
Indians believed that oils* help hair develop from the inside.
They believe that oil rinses should definitely be done at least three times per week.
Oils must be massaged into the scalp every night.
Cool oils are to be used to protect hair and skin in hot climates.
Fragrant oils must be used in hair as a sign of virtue and fertility as well as to create a good aura around you.
Oils must be applied often but not too much, in order to keep the hair from aging. Notice how native American Indian hardly ever suffered from hair loss and graying even when they were old?
Growing up, our mothers plastered oil in the form of petroleum on to our heads, so somewhere down the line, they had the basic knowledge that oil is essential to hair care. Hair flourishes with the proper use of oil, perhaps it’s the application process that has been a secret to us.
Many of us have seen improved growth, appearance and manageability since we have been incorporating natural oils into our hair care; however, some of us have registered an aversion to using oils regularly. For some, there is a concern that every time they use oils they have breakouts or the scalp becomes irritated.
Some have allergies to nuts and so they cannot use nut oils. Some just don’t like looking greased up. Could it be that some of the aversions that exist may be as a result of us not being fully aware of the vast benefits of oils*? Could it be that we have gotten so used to accepting the watered down versions of hair care products that have told us for years that oils aren’t as important?
Here are some suggestions for those who have problems incorporating oils into their regimen:
- Consider the reasons you don’t like oils. Are they steeped in personal experiences with oils?
- Assess what you have heard about oils. Where did you hear that from?
- Not all things work for everyone, but have you tried to find an oil that works for you?
- Are you sure your sensitivity isn’t being awakened by oils as a direct result of other factors such as your diet, or the brand or type of oil you use?
- Do some research into different oils and their uses and applications. Try our Elongtress Fancy oils with a blend of natural oils that help you achieve and maintain long hair.
- Even natural oils have chemical composition. Do a skin and hair analysis to better understand what would be a suitable composition for your genetic makeup.
Oil features prominently in hair care practices in every civilization, the results for the Indians are evident today. Further, the results for those of us who have adapted Indian hair recipes are phenomenal.
Those who control mainstream media have done the most to have us believe that we need products with multiple unpronounceable ingredients to grow and maintain beautiful long hair. I would not be surprised if their marketing served to dissuade us from using oils, or put us off from finding out the natural treasure that oils are.
Seek the truth and follow the path back to the road our ancestors trod and in so doing, you will unlock the beauty secrets that were lost to us.