Whether you have tight coils or loose curls or kinky waves all are a great recipe for a wash and go.
You just have to figure out what technique works best for you along with picking great products to help show off your curls, coils and kinks.
If you are experiencing inconsistencies with your wash and go that’s normal as only time and practice will help you there. It takes at least a month to achieve perfection as you get your hair accustomed to the process.
What are my favorite Wash and Go essentials?
Here is what you need:
And finally a
You can choose to use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair, I highly recommend starting with your fingers to eliminate preliminary knots and then comb your hair.
Wash and Go tips?
1. Leave your expectations at the door and keep your mind open to your results as things can always be improved with time and practice.
2. Detangling is a MUST and not only that but proper detangling. You want to make sure you aren’t damaging your hair during this process and your hair is being thoroughly detangled. I find that detangling is the main reason my hair is so clumped and my curls are super defined prepping for styling. Lightly detangle when you are co-washing/shampooing your hair and make sure you get a clean scalp.
3. Keep your hair moisturized at all times Condition & Leave In Condition & Deep Condition your hair weekly
4. Keep up your protein treatments, hot oil treatments or any other pampering treatment(s) you like to give yourself
5. Apply your styling products on soaking wet hair. I don’t even use a t-shirt anymore. Our hair is most defined at its wettest state so if you apply product on wet hair it will set in that style.
6. Products – research, find and try products best designed for your texture of hair
7. Sleep with satin scarf/bonnet or pillow.
8. After you wash, style… leave your hair alone until it’s dried or completely. No hands in hair!
I hope these tips and our conversation helps you not only achieve your best Wash N Go but that you learn to enjoy the process as well.
Oh and another thing! Many naturals who love to sport the Wash N Go style complain about shrinkage… remember shrinkage means your hair is being properly moisturized and ultimately means your hair is healthy so just embrace it!
I know for many the popular Wash N Go style may not be your go to style and that is fine but I love giving naturals options. At the end of the day you may not like your end result of your signature Wash N Go but try not to get that confused with the thought that we all can’t achieve a Wash N Go style successfully. Do you love the Wash N Go style or hate it?