It conditions your hair – For great retention you need the hair strand to be fortified and strong so it can last as we manipulate our strands and expose it to our environment. Olive oil can protect the strand keeping your hair shiny and soft.
Great for Scalp massages – To facilitate growth you need great scalp circulation and olive oil is perfect for increasing blood flow and can stimulate the follicles keeping your growth consistent.
How to use olive oil in your regimen
First of all pick the best olive oil you can, meaning start by choosing a very high quality virgin or extra virgin olive oil to apply to your hair and scalp. The oil should be processed chemical free. There are some quick and easy ways you can get the oil all wrapped up in your regimen and as always we have suggestions:
1. Hot oil treatment – Yes the same kind grandma used to do, just grab your olive oil put it in a bowl, add some cool stuff to it, like other oils or hibiscus petals, heat and serve. Make sure the oil is not too hot when you apply it to your hair, or you can choose to apply your oil mix first then heat it up using an over head dryer or a steaming hot towel.
2. Oil Mix – Olive oil with other growth oils can be a powerful blend that when applied to your scalp becomes the ultimate form of luxury. Olive oil with peppermint oil, or olive oil with tea tree on your scalp overnight will be the ultimate pre poo. Try it!
3. Make a mask – Using the oil as your base, crack open one egg, add a little honey and some lavender for smell and apply it to your hair. Leave the mask on for a minimum of 20 minutes, your hair will be stronger and shinier than you have ever imagined.
4. A little something for hair loss – Combine olive oil, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a table spoon of honey and leave the mix on for 15 – 20 minutes. Shampoo the mix out one you are done and repeat this bi-weekly or monthly to prevent hair loss.
5. Oil Rinse – This is more for retention than growth because oil rinsing fortifies your growing strand. You can grow hair all day long, if you haven’t figured out how to retain that length then you are probably not going to meet your goals. Oil rinsing helps with detangling, seals in moisture and helps the hair to retain moisture longer. We have talked about oil rinsing before, check out the details here.
Is olive oil on your holy grail list, or is that just me?
Originally posted 2014-07-29 15:00:13.