Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sspc
    Participant
    @sspc

I want to put a CLEAR demi color on my hair I bought Age Beauty for mature hair. Then I want to use Sebastian 2 + 1
    heat reconstructor to help build my fine hair up. My questions are; should I wash after the Demi, the box doesn’t say I have to but I want to use the reconstructor right afterwards. Also, Should I wrap aluminum foil on small sections of my hair and (tap) with the flat iron or should I just use a plastic cap and sit under the dryer?

Alma Ruddock
    Keymaster
    @admin

Hi sspc. Sorry for the delay in responding, I must have missed your question. I’m afraid I’ve never used this particular brand. I’ve done regular color and color rinses. I will say that when you color your hair you generally have to shampoo it with a gentle poo afterwards then DC. When I am highlighting I definitely wrap with foil but I’ve never had occasion to use a flat iron and neither do I use a plastic cap nor sit under the dryer. Mostly because color processes really quickly (around 7 minutes for me). Sorry I can’t be more specific but good luck.

sspc
    Participant
    @sspc

Hi Alma, thanks for you reply. I did it today and I am very please with my results. My fine hair feels stronger and I think the reconstructor help to repair it as well. Thanks for checking in.

Alma Ruddock
    Keymaster
    @admin

I’m glad to hear that. Did you use the flat iron?

sspc
    Participant
    @sspc

No, I wraped it in foil, then sat under the dryer. The flat iron kinda scared me a little, but the directions says it’s best. Maybe next time I’ll get brave.

purrplekat
    Participant
    @purrplekat

Foil+under the dryer is better than flat iron. Even 15-20 years ago there were colors and treatments out which could be used with foil+flat iron-we never really did trust that the perfect amount of heat would be evenly applied (I was a cosmetologist). Plus, you get to relax a bit or plan your next steps rather than all the armwork of doing the process. On a rare occasion doing highlights on virgin hair, I had occasion to use a flat iron if the color was lifting way too slowly-body heat would cause the hair closest to the scalp to get too light while waiting for the rest to lift otherwise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.