14 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Petra 4 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

I have had dread locs for almost a year,I decided to undo it without cutting it and my gosh….I lost a lot of hAir.Now my hair is very weak and constantly breaking.please I need your advice as to the regimen to follow in order to achieve a healthy and breakage free hair…..pls help

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

I have had dread locs for almost a year,I decided to undo it without cutting it and my gosh….I lost a lot of hAir.Now my hair is very weak and constantly breaking.please I need your advice as to the regimen to follow in order to achieve a healthy and breakage free hair…..pls help

Hello hon,

I know that you said that you lost a lot of hair so trimming it might not be your number one priority, however when starting a healthy hair journey, the best place to start is with fresh ends. If your hair is weak then it needs protein. When you build your regimen you want to build it with moisture and protein as the focus.

Step 1
    Trim

Step 2
    Figure out your cleansing regimen. I would recommend using a sulfate free shampoo, or a cleanseing conditioner to cleanse your hair. They are less drying and harsh on your strand. (There are a lot available on the market, Shea moisture has a great sulfate free shampoo, Trader joes, or As I AM has a great cleansing conditioner.)

Figure out your moisture regimen – Use a water based leave in conditioner , deep condition every time you wash your hair and do a pre poo before you shamp00

Figure out your sealing regimen – Oils are used after you add moisture to your hair, so pick a simple oil that you can stick with and use it for sealing.

The process
    Weekly – pe poo – shampoo – deep condition your hair – and style

-moisturize and seal as needed.

You have to decide on a great regimen for yourself once you build your regimen stick with it until your hair turns around. It is very difficult to detail a regimen for you without knowing all of your circumstances so the best thing is for you to do it yourself making sure you cover the main things above.

Here is the beginners page of our website, educate yourself as much as you can and write down your regimen. Once you have it stick with it as much as you can. Healthy hair takes work, consistency and a whole lot of patience..

https://blackhairinformation.com/all-you-will-ever-need-to-know-to-grow-black-hair-long-and-healthy/

Good luck love

Petra

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Thanks Petra,I will do as you’ve said and keep you updated on my healthy hair journey.What is the difference between pre poo and deep conditioning?though I know pre poo is done before shampooing,I realized that most of the home made ingredient for both procedures are almost the same.So should I use the same mixture of homemade ingredients before and after I shampoo?and also how long do you advice I follow this regimen before I braid.thanks

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

There is no difference really.. Well let me say this. If you decide to pre poo with just an oil then you might decide to do a deep condition with something that has a little more umph to it.

I’ve also seen it where women use the prepoo as there deep conditioner.. So they will do the kitchen stuff then.

So it depends on you and your time …

In terms of braids .. U still have to maintain your hair while its braided…. While I won’t necessarily do everything in your regimen .. U wil do some things… So I’m saying that u can follow your new regimen for two weeks and go into braids or u can do it for a month… Again it’s up to u … But know that u have to maintain your hair while braided as well

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Thanks! Well understood….;)

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Hi Petra,can I use Aphogee two step protein treatment for my natural hair?

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hi Petra,can I use Aphogee two step protein treatment for my natural hair?

Sure!! It’s one of the best protein treaents out there. I would only use it once every 3-6 months though some women do a hard protein treatment twice a year.

Make sure you follow up with a deep condition full of moisture based ingredients

Petra

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Thanks hun…

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

I decided to have my BC yesterday,because I noticed most of my hair that was breaking had split ends.Wow am loving my new look[ATTACH=CONFIG]126[/ATTACH].Now I want to add a little bit of spice to it by dyeing it.What do you think??? Any advice,as to what to look out for on the package of the dye and also how to maintain my hair after the dye to avoid excessive dryness?
    image.jpg

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hello love I think it is super cute! and I am glad you are having fun right out the gate!… Here is a great post that deals with how you should take care of your color treated hair before and after you color. It is really all you will need to know.. so take a read and ask any follow-up questions you might have.

https://blackhairinformation.com/hair-care-2/styling/3-survival-tips-bleached-color-treated-hair/

Petra

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Thanks Petra,just finished reading.Talking about doing a protein treatment before and after coloring,can I use Aphogee two step protein treatment before coloring? Secondly should the after protein treatment be immediately after coloring?

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Thanks Petra,just finished reading.Talking about doing a protein treatment before and after coloring,can I use Aphogee two step protein treatment before coloring? Secondly should the after protein treatment be immediately after coloring?

Yes I would defin do the two step aphogee before coloring… And after I would do a light protein moisture kind of thing. For example greek yogurt is a protein treatment but it is also very moisturizing. Or if you mix one egg , olive oil or any oil, honey and a moisture based conditioner you get the protein and you get the moisture too. I want to suggest something moisturizing because after a hard protein and color your hair might be dry and need a Lil moisture .

Throughout your hair journey especially if you continue to color always deep condition your hair with a combination of moisture and protein so you keep your hair strong and you moisturize it at the same time.

Just a note when doing the two step… Once you are done… Deep condition your hair for at least 20 minutes with a moisture based conditioner just to bring balance back to your strands and you won’t experience dryness.

Petra

Yvette Emefa Dedoo
    Participant
    @Yvette Emefa Dedoo

Hi Petra,it’s been quite sometime.Hopefully all is going well with my healthy hair journey, but there’s a bit of problem.I do almost everything I can to maintain a healthy hair and keeping my hair moisturized is one of the key roles I don’t joke with.But my hair keeps breaking like nobodys business. Please I need your help,by the way my hair is colored.

Laephatch
    Participant
    @Laephatch

Hi! I have read through your posts and wanted to tell you about some new products from a company called MONAT. The key ingredient in their products is Abyssinian oil which is producing better results than argon oil. As these products are all naturally based, they have NO sulfates and no parabens, no harsh salt systems…and they say no to a lot of other harsh ingredients. They are safe for all hair types and even on color treated hair. The balance system restores moisture and protects from damage. I’d be happy to send you more information. I do represent the product/company but genuinely would like to see you get the help you want/need for your hair. You can also visit my website: http://www.lorihatch.mymonat.com

Aquiles Hortillosa
    Participant
    @Aquiles Hortillosa

Sorry to hear that. Maintaining a healthy hair is a challenge. You need to cut your hair an inch monthly, shampoo and moisturize with products containing keratin and argan oil, and undergo hair treatment such as egg, mayonnaise, lemon, honey, castor oil, aloe vera, coffee, beer and use cool water in washing your hair.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.