1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Petra 5 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trisha37
    Participant
    @Trisha37

I stared my NHJ at the end of June because my hair was dull and thin. I have 1/2 inch of new growth, I have studied and read a lot about caring for my natural hair. I have the my regimen down to a tea: every wk pre poo with EVOO ,sham with Avalon organics, deep con with Mane n Tail, leave in Govinni oil coconut and water and air dry. I moisturize daily with Shea curl smoothie and oil and my hair is rough. Am I wrong Should I air dry.

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hey love … I can’t say your regimen is wrong at all.. U might just need a bit of tweaking …

I assume by rough u mean dry.. So I would make sure your shampoo is sulfate free.. Because sulfate a can be stripping.

Use a moisture based conditioner ( first ingredient water)..

U can add a humectant to your deep condition too like honey.. So your hair holds moisture longer … If u want you can make your pre-poo your deep condition adding the honey oil the conditioner .. Then shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo and condition as normal.

Make sure you have a very hydrating leave in conditioner… The curl enhancing smoothie is great but it’s also a styler too… So maybe try cantu Shea butter and see how that works for awhile…

**Also you can cowash instead of shampooing
    **add an egg to your pre poo mix just in case your hair is very porous

Hope that helps love–

Petra

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.