2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Petra 5 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Michela
    Participant
    @Michela

Hello everyone,
    My name is Michéla and I’m 15 years old and am in desperate need of a regimen. I’ve tried creating my own and using the example ones from the website but nothing has really worked for me. Please understand that since I’m only 15 I’m extremely limited I what I am allowed to do with my hair. Therefore, let me just get my no-nos out of the way. I am not allowed to wash my hair more than once a week, co-wash(as in mid-week from my wash), trim my hair more than 1/8-1/4 of an inch, or air dry my hair. As you can see I am very limited. Anyway, now I’m going to tell y’all a little bit about my hair. First off, my hair is often prone to dandruff(I believe from dryness) but, I can’t use a dandruff shampoo every week because it dries out my hair. Second, my hair type is a cross between 4a and 4b. Third, I am protein sensitive so I only use light protein products on my hair.
    Fourth, I am relaxed and have been since birth. Finally, I am a MAJOR cheapskate and will only spend $5 or less for a product.(I’m using my own spending money so I have to be careful with what I choose to purchase) Other things about me would be that I am extremely lazy(I’m working on it) so the simpler the regimen, the better 🙂 Also since I can’t air dry my hair I dry it on cool air since that’s healthier than heat drying( I know I freaked some of you out). One more thing would be that I live in Florida so it’s EXTREMELY humid here and I know my hair hates it. Any little tricks that you know to combat that would be great.
    Thank you Ladies, Michéla 🙂

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hello everyone,
    My name is Michéla and I’m 15 years old and am in desperate need of a regimen. I’ve tried creating my own and using the example ones from the website but nothing has really worked for me. Please understand that since I’m only 15 I’m extremely limited I what I am allowed to do with my hair. Therefore, let me just get my no-nos out of the way. I am not allowed to wash my hair more than once a week, co-wash(as in mid-week from my wash), trim my hair more than 1/8-1/4 of an inch, or air dry my hair. As you can see I am very limited. Anyway, now I’m going to tell y’all a little bit about my hair. First off, my hair is often prone to dandruff(I believe from dryness) but, I can’t use a dandruff shampoo every week because it dries out my hair. Second, my hair type is a cross between 4a and 4b. Third, I am protein sensitive so I only use light protein products on my hair.
    Fourth, I am relaxed and have been since birth. Finally, I am a MAJOR cheapskate and will only spend $5 or less for a product.(I’m using my own spending money so I have to be careful with what I choose to purchase) Other things about me would be that I am extremely lazy(I’m working on it) so the simpler the regimen, the better 🙂 Also since I can’t air dry my hair I dry it on cool air since that’s healthier than heat drying( I know I freaked some of you out). One more thing would be that I live in Florida so it’s EXTREMELY humid here and I know my hair hates it. Any little tricks that you know to combat that would be great.
    Thank you Ladies, Michéla 🙂

Hi hon,

You dont give us much to work with lol. as far as a simple regimen that is inexpensive that is great for someone lazy.. that might not exist.

but we will see what we can do.

1. wash weekly using a sulfate free shampoo and once a month use a clarifying shampoo. That way you arent using anything too harsh on your strands.
    2. deep condition weekly… also why do you think you are protein sensitive? becaue relaxed hair thrives on protein because of the strands structure. when you deep condition you can use regular cheap conditioner and add an egg to it and a little oil.. (dont know if you will be allowed)

3. deep condition before you shampoo to make things easier that way you get it out of the way, shampoo and condition and add your leave in and you are done

4. you can continue to dry on a cool setting

5. protect your hair by wearing protective styles or use perm rods to get your hair curly and wear it curl without manipulating it alot.

they key to a great regimen is doing that thing that works all the time.. thats how you get the most out of your hair.. you have to be consistent..

good luck love, hope this helps

Coily Lana
    Participant
    @Coily Lana

Hi Michela,

My son is your age and we share the same hair texture and intolerance to protein. Hopefully I can be of some assistance.

I happened to make a pinterest board for our hair texture that is budget friendly. All products are under $5. It is geared towards people that have natural hair and no issues with dandruff, but you may find something of use.

Also, be sure it’s dandruff and not dry scalp. My husband has excessively dry skin, which he mistook for dandruff. Needless to say, he purchased products that made the issue worse. Dry scalp shows up as dry flakes. Dandruff is oily and clumps.

I wish you mentioned what you have been using, because it could help others make suggestions in case your products are causing the problem.

Because you are relaxed, I would recommend professional/ salon quality shampoos and conditioners that can replenish what the chemicals in relaxers take away. You may need to spend a couple of bucks more on the foundation products in your regimen and then save on styling products. Keracare is by far the best product line out there for relaxed hair. It sells for around $7. If you got to JCPenney when they have BOGO sales, then you should be able to stick within your budget. I would recommend the following:

-Keracare Itchy Scalp shampoo
    -Keracare Itchy Scalp conditioner
    -Cholesterol treatments (as needed, majority are pretty cheap)
    -Leave-in conditioner w/ UV protection
    -Moisturizing cream (us naturals in the 4 range put this on hair while it’s still damp to seal in moisture)
    -Styling products (optional):
    +Heat protector for blowdrying and curling
    +Gel (strong hold): Ecostyler level 10 hold $4 (has a little bit of protein, but not enough to cause issues, especially if you’re relaxed)
    +Gel (medium hold): Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel $4

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.