3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  sspc 4 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JANET999
    Participant
    @JANET999

Hi Everyone I love swimming and go water aerobics 4 times a week I wear a swimming hat but my hair still gets wet and there is chlorine in the water. Which shampoo and conditioner is best for protecting my hair, my hair has always been quite dryish anyway. Thanks Janet

sspc
    Participant
    @sspc

I read once that you should wash your hair before getting in the pool. The theory is that your hair won’t soak up any of the chlorinated water because it’s already wet. Also, if you’re swimming in the ocean, wet your hair and then put olive oil on it so the salt water will slip off the hair strands. If you are asking how to keep your hair from getting wet while you are swimming, I don’t think that’s possible unless you are doing the breast stroke keeping your head out of the water. But I would get myself one of those old fashioned swimming caps and wrap my hair underneath it to try to maintain the style. Good luck

Alma Ruddock
    Keymaster
    @admin

You are right sspc. You could also go for conditioner instead of oil to coat your strands before you swim. Unfortunately though, you do have to clean your hair after every swim. It’s a bit of a hassle but it’s the price you have to pay!

Aquiles Hortillosa
    Participant
    @Aquiles Hortillosa

Any hair conditioner can protect the hair when going to the pool. Chlorine can make your hair dry. Apply conditioner 30 minutes prior swimming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.