Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rissa.c87
    Participant
    @rissa.c87

Hi everyone I’ve recently started my HHJ and I’m in dire need of assistance on Everything! !! Soo my hair is relaxed and NL and my desired goal is BSL. Also it’s naturally thin (I think it’s genetic my mom’s hair is also). Prior to starting my hhj my hair would be weaved a lot but since I’ve started my HHJ I’m wearing my hair in a protective style of a high bun. My last relaxer was about a month ago and since then I’ve done nightly moisturize (elasta qp intense conditioning) and sealing (jbco and coconut oil mixture). The first week after my relaxer I did this treatment I saw on YouTube (I think) castor oil and conditioner mixed and left it on for 45 mins. Second week I did an egg and mayo treatment (also YouTube). I’ve recently started (the past 3 days) spraying my hair nightly with aloe, jbco, coconut oil and water mixture then moisturizing and sealing.
    Am I on the right track or am I doing too much? Secondly can anyone recommend a good hair regimen and DC and protein treatments. Thanks in advance

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hi hon, first of all congrats on your HHJ and it seems like you have put some great things in place … But I would say to do them according to how your hair feels and acts starting with the relaxer.

You need to make sure you aren’t over processing because if you do that… Everything else will be hard to fix.

Stretch your relaxer to at least 12 weeks .

The second thing is deep conditioning. Relaxed hair needs protein so when you wash weekly make sure you deep condition with something that is protein based. The egg mayo is great or u can try egg, honey , and some oil.

Simple is always better so if u have a deep conditioning treatment you like … Stick with it..

Other than that all you have to do is keep your ends healthy by trimming and low tension styles.

The key is consistency … When you deep condition you might not need to moisturizer so much because you hair can hold that moisture… So focus on weekly deepconditining and protective styling and you should be good 🙂 — hope that helps love

rissa.c87
    Participant
    @rissa.c87

Thanks for the advice 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.