3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Petra 5 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Truleeeblessed
    Participant
    @Truleeeblessed

I’ve been natural now for the second time now for about a year. I’m a 4c and I feel my edges are not growing as fast as the rest of my hair. I went natural because of my edges were fragile and I didn’t want to go bald there. Ok, there’s no baldness there, but my egdes and my the back of my hair never grows with thickness or length. Please help. I’m lost as to what to do especially if I don’t put any tension on it. I were protective styles, now more with a net. I recently start taking vitamins and hair and skin vitamins as of 2 weeks ago. What should I do? I don’t want to give up. Want sister locks in the next 2 years.:(

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

I’ve been natural now for the second time now for about a year. I’m a 4c and I feel my edges are not growing as fast as the rest of my hair. I went natural because of my edges were fragile and I didn’t want to go bald there. Ok, there’s no baldness there, but my egdes and my the back of my hair never grows with thickness or length. Please help. I’m lost as to what to do especially if I don’t put any tension on it. I were protective styles, now more with a net. I recently start taking vitamins and hair and skin vitamins as of 2 weeks ago. What should I do? I don’t want to give up. Want sister locks in the next 2 years.:(

Hello Love,

Honestly the edges and nape area for most of us is a little thinner than the rest of our hair. However some of us due to genes, and sometimes over manipulation do suffer from thinning edges. There are no tride and true solutions however you can try massaging that area with castor oil nightly and not putting any stress on your edges.Just know that overall hair health will improve all areas of your hair including the nape area, so practice a great regimen, of low manipulation, including finger detangling, loose buns . Hope this helps… Petra

Coily Tresses
    Participant
    @Coily Tresses

I totally agree with you Emily because I have veeeery thin hair (maybe 2 times thinner than a piece of thread in some areas) and I realize that using Castor oil does help strengthen my hair. I also notice a lot less shedding. I massage it into my scalp 2-3 times a week. Others may do more or less depending on their preference. FYI your scalp might tingle a bit for the first few uses but it will stop eventually.

Coily Tresses
    Participant
    @Coily Tresses

FYI I don’t use it on my hair unless mixed with other oils. Its too heavy for my fragile strands.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.