2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Petra 6 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Larissa Harper Hawksworth
    Participant
    @Larissa Harper Hawksworth

hi i’m Larissa, i am and i don’t know how to start for my new natural hair i read all the post the new beginners and i still have perm on my hair, can i have help some started, what i should i buy for take the perm away on my hair, i really want give my husband a good surprise on my hair, please could i get some help… 🙁

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

hi i’m Larissa, i am and i don’t know how to start for my new natural hair i read all the post the new beginners and i still have perm on my hair, can i have help some started, what i should i buy for take the perm away on my hair, i really want give my husband a good surprise on my hair, please could i get some help… 🙁

Hello love,

There is only one way ti get rid of the perm on your hair and that is to cut it off. Perm is permanent you cannot wash it out. Some women choose to transition which means growing out your natural hair with the perm still on the ends waiting until they get some length then cutting the perm off.

Hope that helps love

Petra

Rapunzel_wannabe
    Participant
    @Rapunzel_wannabe

Hi Larissa. I agree with the previous poster. The only way to get rid is to grow your hair out and cut it off. Perhaps you could trim a bit off at a time as your natural hair grows out or wait till you have several inches of virgin hair and do a big chop. In my experience, when you wait to do a bit chop, the permed hair often gets tangled and breaks when you comb your hair. But then again I didn’t know how to moisturize and look after my hair properly. I’m so glad I’ve found this site…. sorry went off on a tangent there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.