Black Hair Information | Natural Hair, Curly Hair, Relaxed Hair, Hairstyles Forums Protective Styling Heat-less, Healthy Beautiful Curls (Perm rods tutorial)

Tagged: 

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by Profile photo of ahfro baang ahfro baang 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ahfro baang
    ahfro baang
    Participant
    @ahfro_baang

Hi lovelies!

Today I’m sharing how I achieve these heat-less, healthy beautiful curls using perm rods. I used two products in the process. Ors foaming mousse and CURLS twist n define cream.

I started on freshly washed hair, but if you have finer density hair, it might be good to start on dry hair. I apply the foaming mousse first and follow up with the twist n define cream. I detangle the section to ensure the hair is perfectly smooth for the curls. It actually makes a big difference, too!

Next, I coil the rods on a small section of hair, starting at the roots of the hair (near the scalp). I wrap the hair around the rod and use a little extra foaming mousse to ensure the hair sticks firmly to the rod.

Continue rodding until your hair is complete.

I allow the hair to fully dry before removing the rods. If you find yourself pressed for time, use a heat protectant on your hair (prior to adding the rods) and used a hooded drier.

I used TGIN’s hair serum to separate the curls to avoid frizz. Separate each curl until you have the volume you desire and lift hair at the roots, using a wide-toothed comb or hair pick.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Alma.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.