Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dorianne78
    Participant
    @Dorianne78

Hello!! I am French relaxed-hair girl and I really need your help. So here’s my concern : I have just found out about all the hair regimens stuff and moisterizing/protein conditionners. Until now my regimen was quite basic : Once a week I washed my hair with The “Cream Of Nature” moisturizing shampoo and then deep conditioned with the ORS Hair Mayonnaise. My hair look fine but they just don’t grow (and they are a bit dry too). Ive been having the same lengh for ages now. So i’ve decided to do something. I’ve just ordered Keracare products: – Moisterizing and detengling Shampoo -Humecto Conditioner -Conditioning Creme Hairdress -Jojoba moisturizing oil With that i was confident of my new regimen. But i always find new products and reviews on the internet so I don’t know if this is enough. Plus, Im planning to buy the Aphogee 2Min Reconstructor but I’ve learnt that the ORS Mayo I was using was already a Protein Conditioner, i think I might have used it a bit too much to use a protein treatment again. Thank you very much for your help. Kisses from Paris

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hello Love, You are on the right track with the protein, I have never used the hair mayo but I have used aphogee and it is the best protein conditioner out there in my opinion. I do not know much about kera care products either but i do know that sometimes its not about the product! its the technique and consistency that makes a difference. This site has a weath of information about building a solid regimen. for now I will try to help you with doing the right things to do to build a solid regimen! 1.) relaxed hair needs protein deep condition your hair weekly with something that has a light protein ( egg, cheap conditioner, honey or your hair mayo mixed with some honey and oil) 2.) co wash once a week – use only conditioner mid week to wash your hair put your hair in braids and air dry – this adds moisture to the hair mid week 3.) seal your hair well using a natural oil 4.) stretch your relaxer and moisturize your new growth 5.) Use Aphogee once a month check out the below posts as well https://blackhairinformation.com/by-type/relaxed-hair/8-tips-to-ensure-that-you-get-the-same-texlaxed-texture-every-time/ https://blackhairinformation.com/growth/moisturizing/moisturizing-your-new-growth-in-relaxed-hair-to-avoid-breakage/ https://blackhairinformation.com/beginners/finding_a_regimen/a-healthy-hair-regimen-for-relaxed-hair/ -https://blackhairinformation.com/beginners/finding_a_regimen/hip-length-relaxed-hair-and-the-regimen-that-created-it/ good luck love! Petra

Loren
    Participant
    @Loren

Hey doll, It seems as if you have a little to much protein in your regimen, so you have to balance it with moisture. I am relaxed as you are and as far as the Aphogee treatment i use them every 8 weeks and i do not have a protein overload. One way to put moisture back into your hair is moisturizing and seal every or every other day and you also could try co washing once a week. Loren

Dorianne78
    Participant
    @Dorianne78

Hey girls thank you for the answers! I’ll definately take your advice into account. So I thought about what you told me and I have several questions: – Do you deep condition after a co-wash? if yes, do you use the same conditioner that you used for the wash? – How do you balance co-wash and regular wash? – For the protein treatment, i read that you might have to add moisture because it makes the hair really dry. So do you DC with protein treament and then with moisturizing conditioner? Which would do 2 DCs, and take a lot of time lol. I should receive my Keracare products today so tonight I might use them to see how my hair respond. This includes: A detengling and moisturizing shampoo, a moisturizing conditioner and a creme and a Jojoba oil to seal everything. I began thinking about a regimen that might fit me, and this is what I came out with, on a weekly basis : -Co-wash/wash : (I still don’t know in which ratio, maybe a bi-weekly wash or every 3 weeks, I’ll try both wash and co-wash to see how my hair respond) -a moisturizing DC -sealing with my Jojoba oil -air dry my hair and avoid heat. After a month of this routine I will add the protein treatment and a clarifying shampoo. What do you think of this? Dorianne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.