2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Petra 3 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lanaet05
    Participant
    @lanaet05

So I’ve kept my braids in for a little over 2 months, and now my edges are beginning to lock up! What should I do? I’ve never had this issue before in the past wearing braids. My natural hair is actually a short pixie cut underneath; and the hair gallery made my braids smaller. What should I do? Is there anything I can use in particular to detangle them? I’m afraid I will have to cut the detanglement out because I won’t be able to save my hair. Should I wash and condition my braids before taking them out? add something like coconut oil? Please help

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hi hon,

I am so sorry to hear that the box braids locked up your edges. The edges are so sensitive and so there isnt really much of a solution we can recommend other than going to a stylist to see if they can help.

The stylist will be able to look at your hair to see where they can unravel the locs without much hair loss. That is the best recommendation at this point.

Did you remove most of the braids?

Petra

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

Hi hon,

I am so sorry to hear that the box braids locked up your edges. The edges are so sensitive and so there isnt really much of a solution we can recommend other than going to a stylist to see if they can help.

The stylist will be able to look at your hair to see where they can unravel the locs without much hair loss. That is the best recommendation at this point.

Did you remove most of the braids?

Petra

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.