Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sonie
    Participant
    @Sonie

For the past eight years I have been struggling, and I mean struggling with my hair. I moved from the Caribbean to the US, my hair started breaking consistently, which stressed me so so so very much, I just did not know what to do. I tried many, many different hair products to nothing worked. It is only this year, I learned my hair was being starved from moisture. Also I use to tie my head every night to go to bed with a cotton scarf, through ignorance, that too contributed to consistence breakage. Until a few months ago, when I discovered this website, I saw all what I was doing that was wrong to my hair. I have been following as much as I can, and buying products recommended, I must say I have seen a big change, especially in the breaking of my hair. My concern right now, is what best product can I use for growth, as I find the growth of my hair is very slow. Because of the neglect of my hair over the past few years, there are patches of baldness towards the center of my head. I have seen appearance of small growth, after using, AVALON ORGANICS, Thickening Shampoo, with BIOTIN B & AVALON ORGANICS CONDITIONER Strengthening Peppermint. I am also using AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY Restructing Shampoo & AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY Restructing Conditioner. Overall I am satisfied with both of them.

My hair was very badly damaged. I use to braide and weave for a long time, I firmly believe the consistant of braiding and weaving, and not enough moisturizing contributed to damaging my hair in the worst way. NOW I WANT MY HAIR BACK!!! I will take any advise, buy any product, that can help me get my hair back. I have started my journey of growth, taking care of my hair like a baby, at the moment I only Shampoo, Conditon, Moisturize for sure, and can only conrow my hair at the moment, and use wigs for outing, as my hair is so very thin and bald in the middle.

I use locally made Castor oil, which I found was to heavy for my hair, because it is so thin, I am now using locally made COCONUT OIL, along with the LOCALLY COCONUT OIL, I have mixed in AMLA HAIR OIL and AVEDA BRILLIANT Anti- Numectante POMADE. SO FAR SO GOOD!! I have seen a sign of growth for the very first time, also breakage I must say is no more. What I would really like to see is faster growth, and thickness. I have also stopped using the cotton scarf at night, which was also definitely a contributor to the breaking of my hair, I am presently using a satin hair cap, which works wonders. OH, I am so relieved. I am also in the process of buying a satin pillow case, anything to get my hair back!! I wash my hair every two weeks, since it is not very much, and so thin! Any help/advise will be highly appreciated! THANK U!!!!

Petra
    Participant
    @petralomax

For the past eight years I have been struggling, and I mean struggling with my hair. I moved from the Caribbean to the US, my hair started breaking consistently, which stressed me so so so very much, I just did not know what to do. I tried many, many different hair products to nothing worked. It is only this year, I learned my hair was being starved from moisture. Also I use to tie my head every night to go to bed with a cotton scarf, through ignorance, that too contributed to consistence breakage. Until a few months ago, when I discovered this website, I saw all what I was doing that was wrong to my hair. I have been following as much as I can, and buying products recommended, I must say I have seen a big change, especially in the breaking of my hair. My concern right now, is what best product can I use for growth, as I find the growth of my hair is very slow. Because of the neglect of my hair over the past few years, there are patches of baldness towards the center of my head. I have seen appearance of small growth, after using, AVALON ORGANICS, Thickening Shampoo, with BIOTIN B & AVALON ORGANICS CONDITIONER Strengthening Peppermint. I am also using AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY Restructing Shampoo & AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY Restructing Conditioner. Overall I am satisfied with both of them.

My hair was very badly damaged. I use to braide and weave for a long time, I firmly believe the consistant of braiding and weaving, and not enough moisturizing contributed to damaging my hair in the worst way. NOW I WANT MY HAIR BACK!!! I will take any advise, buy any product, that can help me get my hair back. I have started my journey of growth, taking care of my hair like a baby, at the moment I only Shampoo, Conditon, Moisturize for sure, and can only conrow my hair at the moment, and use wigs for outing, as my hair is so very thin and bald in the middle.

I use locally made Castor oil, which I found was to heavy for my hair, because it is so thin, I am now using locally made COCONUT OIL, along with the LOCALLY COCONUT OIL, I have mixed in AMLA HAIR OIL and AVEDA BRILLIANT Anti- Numectante POMADE. SO FAR SO GOOD!! I have seen a sign of growth for the very first time, also breakage I must say is no more. What I would really like to see is faster growth, and thickness. I have also stopped using the cotton scarf at night, which was also definitely a contributor to the breaking of my hair, I am presently using a satin hair cap, which works wonders. OH, I am so relieved. I am also in the process of buying a satin pillow case, anything to get my hair back!! I wash my hair every two weeks, since it is not very much, and so thin! Any help/advise will be highly appreciated! THANK U!!!!

Hi love, it looks like you are doing everything that you can to get your hair back. I am happy the site has helped you. The one peice of advice I have is to be patient with your hair, because after many months of damaging it it will take time for it to come back and as you can already tell what you are doing is working.

At this point do not change your regimen, if its working stick with it do the same thing until your see your hair come back to its full potential. Some of us have slow growing hair and that is just a fact. IF you want to do something else like take a growth aid you can, we would say do a ton of research and check with your doctor to make sure the one you choose is good for you at this time.

Castor oil and peppermint oil are great for stimulating those follicles, you can use them to do a hot oil treatment that way you dont just have the oil on your hair weighing the strands down. Do the treatment and then wash it out.

massage your scalp every couple of days to get your blood flowing and finally eat as healthy as you can. I dont know if you juice, but if you do we have a great recipe you can try for hair growth as well.

so stick with what you are doing, stay healthy massage your scalp and be patient 🙂

juice recipe – https://blackhairinformation.com/growth/juicing/three-juicy-recipes-that-will-render-your-hair-growth-supplements-unnecessary/
    https://blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/juice-tonic-hair-growth/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.