5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Alma Ruddock 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KarlCopes4
    Participant
    @KarlCopes4

hi, I’m a 25 yr old male. For about a year and a half I’ve been keeping my hair in braids, getting them done 1 every month. About a month ago the woman that does my hair noticed that my hair in the front of my head was harder to grab then the rest. This was never a problem before, so she cut my dead ends to see if that might be the problem. When I took the braids out I noticed the hair still wasn’t as thick in the front as the rest of my hair. I will say that I tried braiding my own hair once, I used a hair dryer and heat protectant but maybe I used it wrong. The hair in the front is kind of stringy and thin while the rest is thick. I’d show a picture but I’m not sure how to upload. I wanted to know if they would be a problem from me not knowing how to properly blow my hair out and it will go back to normal after a while or if my hair starting to thin out?

Savvy Stilettos Chromemc @

Yes it’s possible.

KarlCopes4
    Participant
    @KarlCopes4

thanks for the response, how do I post images ?

Antoinette Hardy @

Could it be due to something in the genes? Do men in your family lose hair early? Could it be traction alopecia from too much braiding or braiding too tight?

KarlCopes4
    Participant
    @KarlCopes4

My mother father has a full head of hair, although she has two brothers and one is going bald and the other is losing hair in the middle of his head. They told me that they didn’t start to lose hair until their mid-30s. My father’s hairline is receding but he’s in his 50s, i remember him in his late 30s with a thick afro. And it could be the braiding, I never really let my hair breathe

Alma Ruddock
    Keymaster
    @admin

There are plenty of men who start losing their hair in their early 20’s. Think prince william who started losing his at 20! If there are any men in your family that have lost their hair then there is a high likelihood that it could happen to you too. Its just genetics. You can try products like regaine to slow the hair loss down and regrow some of the lost hair.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.