Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alma Ruddock
    Keymaster
    @admin

So to get you caught up if you don’t already know about it, Youtuber MsPresciousMarie created a “fake scalp” for wigs a couple of years ago. You’ve probably seen it, it went viral and had over a million views, but if you haven’t take a look at it here. Now, a hair company called Hairvivi has gone ahead and created some fake scalp wigs using her idea. They are basically wigs that already have the stocking cap applied to it but they did this without giving MsPresciousMarie any credit.

They have sent their wigs to multiple youtubers for reviews which have mostly been positive. Recently MsPresciousMarie came out with a video about the situation and understandably she is mad that her method is being plagiarized and she’s getting no compensation. You can watch her response here

The other issue now is that some of these innocent youtubers who were sent wigs to review are now receiving hate in their comments over this drama (here is a random one I found). I don’t think that hating on youtubers who were just doing their job is the best thing to do. What are your thoughts on this situation? Are you canceling Hairvivi?

Sophronia Sang @

Did she not get a patent or whatever was necessary to make sure she’s credited or compensated for her idea?

Dayna Strong @

Sopfronia Sang my thoughts exactly.

Jennifer Barlow-Boatner @

That’s what I was thinking. That’s unfortunately how business works. May not be kind. But that is typical business practice. Smh…

Karen Cauthorne @

Yes, you can be mad but when you put your ideas on social media you can’t get mad someone else steals it! You were okay with anyone else stealing the idea for free but mad that someone is now making money. Unfortunately your miss-step in not securing your bag upfront is no ones fault but your own. It is not personal. It really is business. This company even mentions her name and gives her credit.
    I see her side of it but it doesn’t mean she has a case. But if I was her and mad at myself I would go see a lawyer and see what can be done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.